F*** It, Part 2: Electric Boogaloo. Its just the Cubs

Kyyle23

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 02:39 PM)
Other than Pierre, I don't mind this lineup at all

I would much rather see Mark Teahen with his sub-.600 OPS in left than Pierre. Fielding and leading off even though Pierre has hit Davis well in his career.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 01:25 PM)
Sure would be nice if we could bat the TANK against LHP for him until Dunn shows some more life.

Well, yeah, that's part of the reason it shouldn't be too hard to get DV enough AB's. We need to get rid of Pierre or Teahen to make it happen, and Teahen is the more costly alternative.

It's the "I have to play him everyday" part of Ozzie's defense that's the most irksome.

Time to have an injury faked? Send Teahen on "vacation" to Charlotte for awhile?

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 04:35 PM)
Well, yeah, that's part of the reason it shouldn't be too hard to get DV enough AB's. We need to get rid of Pierre or Teahen to make it happen, and Teahen is the more costly alternative.

It's the "I have to play him everyday" part of Ozzie's defense that's the most irksome.

Time to have an injury faked? Send Teahen on "vacation" to Charlotte for awhile?

Teahen going on the DL doesn't create that many at bats for Viciedo, especially since Morel would just "Not" get benched as often against RHP ad 3b.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 02:40 PM)
Teahen going on the DL doesn't create that many at bats for Viciedo, especially since Morel would just "Not" get benched as often against RHP ad 3b.

I'm implying that JP is alowed to stay on the roster, at least temporarily to appease Ozzie, but is no longer an everyday player in LF.

DV in LF 4 days a week (JP 2 days a week), DH 1 day a week vs. LHSP, RF occasionally to give Q or Paulie (Q goes to DH as Dunn plays 1B) a day off, plus late/close pinch hitting for Dunn vs. LHRP's. Of course, there would be other similar ways to do this, if we'd rather move Q to LF and keep DV in RF.

That's plenty of weekly AB's for DV, IMO, to make a difference.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 04:46 PM)
bases juiced 1 out bottom 9 in LA. 7-5 kitties.

Just watched the finish. Thought Navarro had hit the game winner. Papa FatA** was very lucky.