Ozzie or Kenny?

southsider2k5

Who would return if you had to pick one?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who would return if you had to pick one, Ozzie or Kenny?

• Ozzie
    • Kenny

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ozzie.

Kenny's highest paid guys have flamed out the worst.

Rios, Dunn, Peavy. Getting rid of Hudson was insane. If you can't get Jackson for 2-3 lousy minor leaguers, don't make that deal.

And paying Viciedo this kind of money to be in the minors is also insane.

Bye bye, kenny.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 01:52 PM)
Ozzie.

Kenny's highest paid guys have flamed out the worst.

Rios, Dunn, Peavy. Getting rid of Hudson was insane. If you can't get Jackson for 2-3 lousy minor leaguers, don't make that deal.

And paying Viciedo this kind of money to be in the minors is also insane.Bye bye, kenny.

That's Ozzie's choice pretty much, or atleast it's become that because of JR's loyalty to Ozzie leading to this ridiculous organizational power struggle.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 06:57 PM)
That's Ozzie's choice pretty much, or atleast it's become that because of JR's loyalty to Ozzie leading to this ridiculous organizational power struggle.

True, but if KW wants Viciedo, like he said in the story, he has to meet with Ozzie and make a stronger case for it.

He's the boss or that's what he said in that interview lastyear, that he was Oz's boss.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 02:00 PM)
True, but if KW wants Viciedo, like he said in the story, he has to meet with Ozzie and make a stronger case for it.

He's the boss or that's what he said in that interview lastyear, that he was Oz's boss.

You can say it all you want, but when the owner tells you to follow your subordinate's demands, than your left with 2 options:

1) resign

2) make sure as much blame as possible gets put on said subordinate

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 08:06 PM)
You can say it all you want, but when the owner tells you to follow your subordinate's demands, than your left with 2 options:

1) resign

2) make sure as much blame as possible gets put on said subordinate

My gosh KW said in the article if he wanted Viciedo it was up to him to meet with the coaching staff and make his case more forcefully.

Do some of you even read the articles before posting about articles??

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 02:24 PM)
My gosh KW said in the article if he wanted Viciedo it was up to him to meet with the coaching staff and make his case more forcefully.

Do some of you even read the articles before posting about articles??

If Kenny really had the power to make Viciedo play everyday then he would. My gosh, can people not read between the lines??

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 07:29 PM)
If Kenny really had the power to make Viciedo play everyday then he would. My gosh, can people not read between the lines??

I disagree that a grown man like KW would lie to the media when it involves himself. I can see him lying about making trades, etc.

But this is about his manhood. He said clearly the coaching staff doesn't feel it needs Viciedo. He added that if he felt strongly the team did he would need to meet with Ozzie and state his case more forcefully.

Why is it so difficult to believe that right now Ozzie wants Juan and KW is going along with it. If Juan continues to suck, KW needs to visit with Ozzie. You really believe Ozzie has the power to shoo KW away from his office and say, "I want Juan. You keep your Viciedo."

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (klaus kinski @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 02:49 PM)
Ozzie isn't responsible for the lack of talent our farm system provides.

But he's partially responsible for suppressing the best talent in our farm system in favor of Juan Pierre.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 02:56 PM)
I disagree that a grown man like KW would lie to the media when it involves himself. I can see him lying about making trades, etc.

But this is about his manhood. He said clearly the coaching staff doesn't feel it needs Viciedo. He added that if he felt strongly the team did he would need to meet with Ozzie and state his case more forcefully.

Why is it so difficult to believe that right now Ozzie wants Juan and KW is going along with it. If Juan continues to suck, KW needs to visit with Ozzie. You really believe Ozzie has the power to shoo KW away from his office and say, "I want Juan. You keep your Viciedo."

If Ozzie wanted Viciedo, he'd be up already. That's also part of the problem.

Ozzie loses games with regularity with bad, over-aggressive "small ball" moves.

KW cannot be faulted for Dunn, that should have been a slam dunk, and may be over the rest of the contract. The Peavy move was risky but not a horrible decision, so far it has worked out close to worst case scenario. The Jackson trade was stupid, and the Rios waiver claim was perhaps too risky, although who would be in CF now otherwise?

KW has a good team on the field, they're just not playing well. Ozzie hurts the team every day, he goes.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 10:34 PM)
Ozzie loses games with regularity with bad, over-aggressive "small ball" moves.

KW cannot be faulted for Dunn, that should have been a slam dunk, and may be over the rest of the contract. The Peavy move was risky but not a horrible decision, so far it has worked out close to worst case scenario. The Jackson trade was stupid, and the Rios waiver claim was perhaps too risky, although who would be in CF now otherwise?

KW has a good team on the field, they're just not playing well. Ozzie hurts the team every day, he goes.

How can Kenny not be faulted for Dunn?? He picked him up and he sucks. Kevin Pritchard got fired in Portland for taking Oden over Durant when every GM in the country said go with Oden. Pritchard paid the price. Fired.

The Jackson trade was a travesty. A total fai.

The Rios waiver claim was horrible. Rios is miserable.

The World Series was great and KW deserves credit for that.

In my opinion its pretty clear you keep KW and get rid of Ozzie.

You can say KW should be clairvoyant and know that Dunn would fail, you can say that Rios was risky and that the Jackson trade didnt pay off, but in each of those moves, Kenny was trying to improve the team. If you are going to have a GM who gambles, you better be prepared for some busts. But I like that he takes risks, I like that he convinces JR to spend money.

Id rather a GM go big and bring excitement, than a guy who just plays it safe and settles.