AJ vs. Peavy thread

Balta1701

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I re-watched the tunnel incident a couple times and didn't see a big push or anything. It looked like Jake was a little peeved (no not peavyed) and want to talk with AJ away from the camera. IMO, he more or less just directed him toward the clubhouse; a little push but not a real forceful one or anything. Personally, I think it's really going to be a non-issue. AJ and Jake won't say what happened 2nite, say it was a nothing issue and that they both moved on.

I don't even think it's close to the Zambrano stuff we've seen. Smart move by Peavy to take it into the clubhouse. Obviously only my opinion.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (chiguy79 @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 09:36 PM)
I saw Peavy putting up the same line as Doug Davis...JP can put on his big boy pants and get over it.

At least someone agrees with me.

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 09:48 PM)
I'm watching on MLB.TV and they cut in at the end of showing it. Either way, STFU Jake. You didn't make pitches to stay in the game.

Wow, 2 people.

Edited by whitesoxbrian

Brian, you're wrong on this one, AJ's actions are indefensible. I rip Peavy as much as the next guy, but this isn't about how he was performing, or AJ backers vs Peavy backers based on anything in the past.

Here's what happened, I posted this in the game thread:

When Peavy gives up that last hit, as Soriano scores you can briefly see AJ give the "get him out of here" heave-ho sign with his right arm and his right pointer finger extended. Then as he walks towards the mound, he's staring into the dugout just waiting, begging for the change. He basically showed Peavy up, and Peavy saw it.

It started before they were both on the mound and Ozzie made the change. Can't really fault Peavy, that's not a good move by a catcher regardless of whether he should be taken out, you just don't do that.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 10:02 PM)
Brian, you're wrong on this one, AJ's actions are indefensible. I rip Peavy as much as the next guy, but this isn't about how he was performing, or AJ backers vs Peavy backers based on anything in the past.

When Peavy gives up that last hit, as Soriano scores you can briefly see AJ give the "get him out of here" heave-ho sign with his right arm and his right pointer finger extended. Then as he walks towards the mound, he's staring into the dugout just waiting, begging for the change. He basically showed Peavy up, and Peavy saw it.

It started before they were both on the mound and Ozzie made the change. Can't really fault Peavy, that's not a good move by a catcher regardless of whether he should be taken out, you just don't do that.

Didn't catch the pre-tunnel stuff. That's pretty bad on AJ's part.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 10:02 PM)

And that is why teammates hate AJ.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 10:12 PM)
Once again, he did the same s*** with Santos vs Oakland. Man the f*** up. You're getting paid $15m per season to not pitch. Can't you buy some really expensive tissues and forget about it?

I missed it with Santos, but that's inexcusable as well if that's what happened. It doesn't matter how much anyone is getting paid here. That's bulls*** from a teammate.

I'd love to hear your reaction if he did it to, say, Buehrle, or whoever you don't hate. Because who he did it to does not matter, it's the principle of his actions.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 10:14 PM)
I missed it with Santos, but that's inexcusable as well if that's what happened. It doesn't matter how much anyone is getting paid here. That's bulls*** from a teammate.

I'd love to hear your reaction if he did it to, say, Buehrle, or whoever you don't hate. Because who he did it to does not matter, it's the principle of his actions.

Yeah, that's like rule No.1 in sports, you don't show up a teammate. I don't care how bad Peavy is pitching, how worthless he is making his contract, etc., you just don't show up a teammate.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 10:14 PM)

I don't HATE Peavy. I hate that he's making way too much to not pitch much. He may have done it with Buehrle or other pitchers before, who knows?

On a humorous note, he probably does it every 6th day when Jackson is out there.

QUOTE (ROC Sox Fan @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 10:17 PM)
But Peavy showed up A.J. first by shaking off his call.

I'm with you ROC. I mean to me it looks like Peavy couldn't pitch and he was blaming his ineffectiveness on A.J. Not cool. Besides, who didn't want Peavy pulled when A.J. was motioning for it????

QUOTE (skidoochic @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 10:22 PM)
I'm with you ROC. I mean to me it looks like Peavy couldn't pitch and he was blaming his ineffectiveness on A.J. Not cool. Besides, who didn't want Peavy pulled when A.J. was motioning for it????

That is totally besides the point. You'd be pissed off too if you got shown up in front of your teammates and a stadium of people.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 10:27 PM)
That is totally besides the point. You'd be pissed off too if you got shown up in front of your teammates and a stadium of people.

I'm sorry, but I don't buy that. Peavy is a crybaby, but you and I can disagree.

BTW, Comcast is praising A.J. right now! :)

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 10:29 PM)
AJ won the game with his triple and probably saved the game by letting Ozzie & Coop know that Peavy had nothing left. If they leave Peavy in, the Sox probably lose.

Too bad they didn't listen to AJ in that Oakland game.

Jesus even Hawk said he was done. The entire planet knew Peavy was coming out.