F*** it III: Sox vs The National. First Pitch 7:10 CT

Kyyle23

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 09:08 AM)
Rizzo's their manager now?

Never mind, the article in my printed newspaper this morning said so but they've since named an interim.

During the hasty announcement and news conference Thursday, Rizzo promised an interim manager would be in place in time for tonight's road game against the White Sox -- and later confirmed it would be coach John McLaren.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 03:14 PM)
Zimmerman has only had two games this year where he has given up more than 3 earned runs. Those were both back in April.

So he's due for a bad one.

That's the right attitude. Let's win!

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 10:14 AM)
Zimmerman has only had two games this year where he has given up more than 3 earned runs. Those were both back in April.

So he's due for a bad one.

He's not really striking out people too much and his HR/FB is really low. Hopefully we can make some decent contact off of him as we do have guys who can drive the ball out of the park. Admittedly I haven't seen him pitch at all this year so this'll be a first. But at any rate EJax had better show up because we may not get a ton of runs off of him.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 10:10 AM)
He's not really striking out people too much and his HR/FB is really low. Hopefully we can make some decent contact off of him as we do have guys who can drive the ball out of the park. Admittedly I haven't seen him pitch at all this year so this'll be a first. But at any rate EJax had better show up because we may not get a ton of runs off of him.

Sounds a lot like Humber.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 08:47 AM)
WE'RE SO CLOSE TO .500

PLZ LET IT BE SO

what's the closest we've been in the last 2 months? Seems like 2-3 games under and then bam, down to 5 under. Not sure how the Nats are going to respond to riggleman, but lets hope it throws them for a loop because they've been sizzling.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 11:45 AM)
what's the closest we've been in the last 2 months? Seems like 2-3 games under and then bam, down to 5 under. Not sure how the Nats are going to respond to riggleman, but lets hope it throws them for a loop because they've been sizzling.

I think 2 has been the closest. Lets hope the streak of 17 straight interleague series wins also continues

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 10:45 AM)

2 under is as close as we've been since 11-22.

Need a better performance from EJax tonight.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 10:23 AM)
Usually scares me to face a team with a new manager. But this is the very rare case where the manager is leaving while the team has been winning, not losing.

I had the same thought, but like you point out about them winning and losing a manager, this is such a bizarre situation it might have the opposite effect.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 12:15 PM)
I had the same thought, but like you point out about them winning and losing a manager, this is such a bizarre situation it might have the opposite effect.

We did beat Oakland in the same situation FWIW, which really isn't much.