Gamethread: 6/25/2011, 3:10 p.m.; Nationals @ White Sox

maggsmaggs

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought this game was suppose to be on WGN later. I go to the Trib site and ready Danks injured/Peavy in for relief and I thought is this some kind of joke?

BTW, good numbers for Peavy. This 6 man rotation keeps looking like a good idea since one of them will get hurt. It will be the catch 22 before the trade deadline.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 04:06 PM)
Well, that was easy. Peavy is player of the game but close second is Bruney. Good job for him to hold them to nothing after struggling last night.

I couldn't watch the game (Thank You Fox!) but seems like an outstanding day for the pitching staff. Well done!! Could have been disastrous.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 10:59 PM)
It wasn't a terrible idea, but when you get told to suicide squeeze, your got to get the bat on the ball even if it's a pitchout. Throw the bat if you have to.

That is for sure

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 06:59 PM)
I get to watch the f***ing Mets. Sure would like to have seen the White Sox game.

I had the mets too, being in new York I was thinking blackout

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 04:06 PM)
Safe to say that Sergio has got his mojo workin'?

Once he learns to keep his breaking stuff down and his change down he'll be nails.

When he's been in trouble this year - it's mainly been in situations with 2 strikes.

LOTS of 0 - 2 get me over stuff has been hit yard.

He's growing still and I'm stoked to have him... he's a win for this organization on a number of fronts.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 11:06 PM)
Well, that was easy. Peavy is player of the game but close second is Bruney. Good job for him to hold them to nothing after struggling last night.

Bruney and Santos for us and the Nats guys who all picthed yesterday. Kind of amazing how things can change one day to the next

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 06:35 PM)
Crap, on a plane for this game. SS2K can use it as me not being a top 5 post count poster during a win. Hell of a job by Peavy and Bruney.

The game started at 4 a.m. here in the Philippines.

Do I get a free pass for not waking up my girlfriend by typing too loudly? The only commment I had was way off...that they should let Peavy go the 9th because of concerns about Sergio after the rough patch he's been in, and how well Peavy was pitching, the rhythm he was in.

Come to think of it, seems all their disappointing games are on Friday nights and then a lot of the Sat/Sunday victories have been day games that started between 2 and 4 am in South Korea and the Philippines.

That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 06:21 PM)
Once he learns to keep his breaking stuff down and his change down he'll be nails.

When he's been in trouble this year - it's mainly been in situations with 2 strikes.

LOTS of 0 - 2 get me over stuff has been hit yard.

He's growing still and I'm stoked to have him... he's a win for this organization on a number of fronts.

Great post. Spot on.