White Sox @ Rockies, 7:40pm, WCIU

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 11:32 PM)
The pitchers busted their ass, but that was a really poor display of effort by our entire offense tonight. That final play was even worse when watching the replay. Lillibridge had no idea the guy might try to score.

You might as well copy/paste the bold in wordpad for the rest of the season so you won't have to type it all of the time. Definitely the theme for 2011.

Lillibridge should know better.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

“We played like (bleep), you go home like (bleep),” said manager Ozzie Guillen, who pulled center fielder Alex Rios in the bottom of the seventh inning for not running hard. “What else you guys want to know?”

“I don’t think we should feel bad because we earned it to lose this game,” Guillen said. “We deserved to lose. I think the way we played from the first inning, I don’t think we should have won this game at all. We had opportunities. The only thing about this game, we pitched well. Everything else was pretty bad.

“I don’t know why those guys hang their heads over there when they played like that. Usually they get dressed and leave right away because I don’t think we, for one second, deserved to win this game. The game finished the way it started – very bad. It’s nobody’s fault. If they’re going to blame anybody, they should blame everyone – counting myself.”

As for Rios, “(he) don’t run the bases,” Guillen said. “That’s why I got him out of the game. It’s not the (first time) it’s happened.”

Rios was 0-for-3 and dropped a fly for an error in the fifth.

"They don’t run the bases, they don’t want to play or tired or hurt, that reputation comes with me and I have a great reputation in this (bleeping) game to do (the right) way," Guillen said. "They don’t run the bases, they’re out of the game. I don’t give a (bleep) if it’s (Paul) Konerko or Adam Dunn or anyone.

"If you don’t play the game right, you’re out of the game.”

mark gonzales/tribunesports.com

Exactly right.

So quit (please). If you can't motivate a $100+M payroll to show up and play, YOU are failing. YOU, Ozzie... as the "Mgr."

Others have been fired for way less.

...just f***ing leave, already....

I'm sorry. What exactly has Juan Pierre done "right" to allow him to stay in the game? Dropping easy fly balls that cost us games? Being thrown out more times than youve actually stolen a base? Grounding out weakly to second or flying out to left with runners on second and third and less than two out?

Or is it "right" to be the one that works so hard day in day out. First one in last one out and STILL SUCK AT BASEBALL is the reason Pierre can stay.

Bulls***