White Sox @ Rockies, 7:40pm, WCIU

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 04:11 AM)
Extra innings as the road team is when you could still use your closer to close. If you use Santos now and eventually take the lead, you are going to have someone you don't want closing, closing.

Good point. We're gonna have to go with Ohman another inning if we fail to score again.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 10:11 PM)
Extra innings as the road team is when you could still use your closer to close. If you use Santos now and eventually take the lead, you are going to have someone you don't want closing, closing.

we got out of it, which makes it moot.. but I just would have brought santos in knowing i'm using him next inning too... I say after 12 innings you really shouldn't have your closer still waiting

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 11:13 PM)
Rex Brothers is pitching. Oh brother.

Is he related to any of the Irish Christian Brothers who taught me at Brother Rice?

I wish Rex's sisters were pitching at this point.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 11:14 PM)
Brothers was someone a lot of us wanted the Sox to draft a few years ago

Yeah, I was surprised to see him already in the Majors. Ultimately, a lefty reliever was what the Sox took that year in Poreda. Hard to regret not taking another lefty reliever.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 11:16 PM)
Yeah, I was surprised to see him already in the Majors. Ultimately, a lefty reliever was what the Sox took that year in Poreda. Hard to regret not taking another lefty reliever.

Poreda was taken two years before Brothers.