White Sox @ Rockies, 7:40pm, WCIU

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (FlySox87 @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 07:52 PM)
Man, Hawk has the lowest HOF standards of anyone. You're nuts if you don't think Todd Helton is a HOFer? The guy's played his entire career in Coors Field and only has 342 homeruns. His 162 game average is .323-28-103. I could understand arguments to put him in the Hall, but the idea that you're losing your mind if you argue against it is absurd...

That's quite outstanding. And the Coors Effect isn't nearly as big as some people think. That park is massive, and they put the balls in a humidor. It's pretty much in the norm now.

Apparently Farmer's now getting into the act with Beckham.

He claimed that he took him aside and said, "DJ and I feel that you're best defensive second baseman in the league." And then something along the lines of don't ever show that the pitchers have got you down, don't feel sorry for yourself or sulk in the dugout. Go out and get 'em.

It worked, haha.

Now 3 for his last 26.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 07:58 PM)
I can't reiterate how awesome it is that WHO here in Iowa is picking up all the WCIU games. This is just wonderful, even if this team pisses me off all the time.

That's very strange, there have always been more Cubs and Twins fans in that part of Iowa.

I'd venture to say more Royals and Cardinals fans, even.

We never had a Sox station in the Quad Cities. The closest was Geneseo, IL. It drove me crazy, because 1000 AM was hard to get a good signal, 670 no problems.

Well, at least Morel made a very good defensive play and solid contact in his first AB.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 08:09 PM)
DP no matter who it is.

Well, maybe not Jose Reyes the way he's going. Already with 15 triples. Maybe KW should acquire only players in the final year of their contracts?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 06:55 PM)
That's quite outstanding. And the Coors Effect isn't nearly as big as some people think. That park is massive, and they put the balls in a humidor. It's pretty much in the norm now.

The humidor didn't come about til 2002, which allowed Helton to have some ridiculous years at the beginning of his career. The dropoff once the humidor was installed was quite noticeable (he never hit more than 33 homeruns in a season again, and he only even reached 30 four times after that). Also, his home-away splits are telling. For his career, he's hit .354 at Coors, .292 away from it. I think that's gonna impact his chances tremendously. Not to mention, his power has completely disappeared the last seven years or so.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 08:09 PM)
That's very strange, there have always been more Cubs and Twins fans in that part of Iowa.

I'd venture to say more Royals and Cardinals fans, even.

We never had a Sox station in the Quad Cities. The closest was Geneseo, IL. It drove me crazy, because 1000 AM was hard to get a good signal, 670 no problems.

Well, at least Morel made a very good defensive play and solid contact in his first AB.

I don't doubt the only reason they have the Sox WCIU games is because they came with the Cubs WCIU games, but I'm not b****in.

Fathom, do you think Morel will still be the White Sox starter at 3B in 2015?

In some ways he's been pretty lucky that Pierre, Beckham, Dunn and Rios have struggled so much, because Brian Anderson took a lot more heat for better offensive numbers in 2006 since everyone else in that line-up was raking.

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 08:19 PM)
It makes me sick hearing how well viciedo is doing down in the minors and we have Juan Pierre playing everyday still ugh....

Plain stupid this team is under .500 changes should and need to be made. KW acts like we are 20 games over in the paper.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 07:19 PM)
Time for a crooked number, as Hammel's stuff is pretty mediocre tonight. Very nice, short swing by Quentin.

Thanks for jinxing the inning.

Seriously, how many times in the last decade have we said that about a pitcher's stuff, most recently Livan Hernandez.

We usually match up excellently (until this year) against pitchers with great fastballs, it's the junkballers that kill us.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 02:20 AM)
Fathom, do you think Morel will still be the White Sox starter at 3B in 2015?

In some ways he's been pretty lucky that Pierre, Beckham, Dunn and Rios have struggled so much, because Brian Anderson took a lot more heat for better offensive numbers in 2006 since everyone else in that line-up was raking.

No idea about Morel. I do know that I have a lot of doubt about his ability to hit at this level, but it will be interesting to see if a young Sox prospect can actually improve on the big league team.