White Sox @ Rockies, 7:40pm, WCIU

QUOTE (iguchi=dank @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 05:33 AM)
laziest game ever over those last 9 innings... PLEASE DO SOMETHING kenny, we just need to change things for change sakes, i'm not saying it has to be viciedo, but just anything.. wow.. ozzie at least better blast that effort. wow

Not allowed to use hyperboles anymore :lolhitting That really was disappointing though.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DonkeyKongerko @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 05:34 AM)
Wow, haven't seen the video yet, but sounds like this play pretty sums up our whole season.

It's really bad. Good thing Lillibridge has earned some brownie points with us this year. If it was Rios, this board would have melted down.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 11:31 PM)
Bloop single fell in front of Lillibridge he took his sweet asstime, rockies coach sent runner lilly throw late and offline.........SOX LOSE!

I'm not a Lillibridge guy, but he never has struck me as a guy with an effort problem. I will blame this on lack of experience and taking something for granted. Its still bad, and apparently typical for this team. I am dying to see if Ozzie really pulled Rios for lack of effort.

And the mods wonder why this place has been a pure hyperbole, hating fest lately.. :P

The sox play is bringing it out in alot of fans and I don't blame them. Something as horrid as Lillibridge's play there can really piss off a sox fan base. Thank god for 2005, cause I firmly believe about 50-60 posters at least would of been banned from this site.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 11:37 PM)
I'm not a Lillibridge guy, but he never has struck me as a guy with an effort problem. I will blame this on lack of experience and taking something for granted. Its still bad, and apparently typical for this team. I am dying to see if Ozzie really pulled Rios for lack of effort.

I think that was definitely an isolated incident for The Bridge. I've always noticed he was one of the few guys who always hustled and gave it his all. I think he just took the runner for granted and got lazy.

QUOTE (iguchi=dank @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 11:33 PM)
laziest game ever over those last 9 innings... PLEASE DO SOMETHING kenny, we just need to change things for change sakes, i'm not saying it has to be viciedo, but just anything.. wow.. ozzie at least better blast that effort. wow

He says his hands are tied OG wants no changes.............BS excuse of a sub .500 GM!

I'm so done with this team until WHOLESALE changes are made.

I understand Ozzie won't be fired midseason, I get that, but at the very least Walker needs to go.

Pierre is a no brainer. Maybe The Rios situation will explode and they have no choice but to get rid of him

Changes MUST BE MADE AND MADE NOW. This cannot be stressed enough.

wow, just watched that replay and for the life of me i have no idea what ANY professional player would be thinking in that moment, pulling up like BL did and just sort of trotting to pick up the ball. Even then, if he makes a decent throw to home he's out.

just so unacceptable.

what a weird culture there is in that clubhouse.

QUOTE (Cali @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 11:44 PM)
Maybe The Rios situation will explode and they have no choice but to get rid of him

Yea good luck with that.

I think me and Dick Allen were the only two who wanted to move him in the off-season since his value was high after his season. Got some hate towards it (cuz of his defense mostly and WAR at the time) so I didn't argue as much as Dick did.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 11:30 PM)
i guess..this team just sucks

that's it in a nutshell....they can analyze and scrutinize all they want....at the end of this day, this is just a horrid, overpaid baseball team.

this team will not win a division and even if they did so what? they're not getting to the series with this team.

reinsdorf has a lot of fans buying into the notion that winning a division is a successful season

There was a similar play in middle of game when Rios was in; he jogged over and lobbed the ball to second, baserunner could have scored easily. He went from first to third, coach could have waved him in. I was at the game, Rios looked liked he was on muscle relaxers.

It has been very clear in their games against the DBacks, Nationals and now the Rockies that the other teams hustled more, busted it down the line much more frequently and also took the extra bases against the White Sox.

We're always seemingly on our heels, part of it is that we don't hold runners or throw anyone out or even succeed on pitchouts.

That's part of the 4-8 extra innings record.

We just don't have the ability to manufacture runs and there's been a consistent lack of hitting with RISP. We've been stuck between 2-5 games under .500 for weeks now. Someone described that as climbing but I really don't see it when you have such an emotionless, limp response to lackadaisical baseball and offense from the manager.

Perhaps this latest Rios controversy will light a fire under the team and clubhouse, but it's not going to help us go from first to third (or home) or 2nd to home on singles.

We've lost that multidimensionality and athleticism from our offense compared to when Alexei, Rios and Pierre were all running more frequently and being much more aggressive on the basepaths.

This team is just kind of lost and has been searching for some kind of an identity all season. They're the slight below average, good pitching, lousy offense "boring" Sox this season.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 09:50 PM)
i have no idea what ANY professional player would be thinking in that moment

To me it seemed that Lilli wanted to incite a play at the plate in order to get the out at home and be the hero.

It made me let out many four letter words as the play transpired.

Epic fail - the antithesis of his New York heroics.

Sad Panda

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 09:50 PM)
I'm for one anxious to see what Oz has to say about this game.

If Ozzie doesn't want any changes to take place STILL...

Wow, just... wow.

“We played like (bleep), you go home like (bleep),” said manager Ozzie Guillen, who pulled center fielder Alex Rios in the bottom of the seventh inning for not running hard. “What else you guys want to know?”

“I don’t think we should feel bad because we earned it to lose this game,” Guillen said. “We deserved to lose. I think the way we played from the first inning, I don’t think we should have won this game at all. We had opportunities. The only thing about this game, we pitched well. Everything else was pretty bad.

“I don’t know why those guys hang their heads over there when they played like that. Usually they get dressed and leave right away because I don’t think we, for one second, deserved to win this game. The game finished the way it started – very bad. It’s nobody’s fault. If they’re going to blame anybody, they should blame everyone – counting myself.”

As for Rios, “(he) don’t run the bases,” Guillen said. “That’s why I got him out of the game. It’s not the (first time) it’s happened.”

Rios was 0-for-3 and dropped a fly for an error in the fifth.

"They don’t run the bases, they don’t want to play or tired or hurt, that reputation comes with me and I have a great reputation in this (bleeping) game to do (the right) way," Guillen said. "They don’t run the bases, they’re out of the game. I don’t give a (bleep) if it’s (Paul) Konerko or Adam Dunn or anyone.

"If you don’t play the game right, you’re out of the game.”

mark gonzales/tribunesports.com

Edited by caulfield12