White Sox @ Rockies, 7:40pm, WCIU

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is Ozzie thinks everything will magically turn around and we will be fine the problem is that we haven't been over .500 since mid April and none of them have had signs of breaking out of their slumps besides rios as of late but even that is a stretch....instead of making a move to shake things up Ozzie says it's fine and we will turn it around but I won't hold my breath on that one...this team reeks of mediocrity

I was about to write "uh-oh" in the Juan Pierre/steroids suggestion thread only to find it was already closed.

Maybe Floyd will pitch better in a "tight" 1-0 game than 3-0, since he tends to relax when he gets a bigger lead and give up a crooked number.

The "spin" for this game is already that the Tigers have lost, so it doesn't matter if we lose too, we're not giving up any ground.

Maybe everyone needs the CarGo "fauxhawk" hairstyle to snap out of this? Not sure if that should be in green or not.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (FlySox87 @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 08:13 PM)
The humidor didn't come about til 2002, which allowed Helton to have some ridiculous years at the beginning of his career. The dropoff once the humidor was installed was quite noticeable (he never hit more than 33 homeruns in a season again, and he only even reached 30 four times after that). Also, his home-away splits are telling. For his career, he's hit .354 at Coors, .292 away from it. I think that's gonna impact his chances tremendously. Not to mention, his power has completely disappeared the last seven years or so.

I'm not disagreeing that Helton is better in Coors, but I don't think it's all because of the park, maybe he just likes hitting as the home team in front of his fans.

I mean, in Thome's 2002 monster season, he hit .100 pts higher at Jacobs Field than Away. I don't think that necessarily had to do w/ Jacobs field being some sort of bandbox.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 08:34 PM)
I'm not disagreeing that Helton is better in Coors, but I don't think it's all because of the park, maybe he just likes hitting as the home team in front of his fans.

I mean, in Thome's 2002 monster season, he hit .100 pts higher at Jacobs Field than Away. I don't think that necessarily had to do w/ Jacobs field being some sort of bandbox.

To straightaway rightt sure was.

Can Pierre actually make any catch look effortless?

Glad we drafted the "next Devon White" in Walker because I'm not sure how much more of Pierre that I can actually take.

All he needs to add is Pods' pitty-patter steps and Soriano's hop/jump and it would be perfectly horrible.

Farmer claims he's cured Beckham's "swing loop" now. 2 for 2.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Cali @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 07:35 PM)
hahahahahahahaa

"they're gonna wave him in on Juan Pierre's arm...."

said with such disdain...I LOVE IT

Well, you couple this obvious "disdain" with the "it should be a can of corn" comments, followed by the constant Viciedo updates, and it's pretty obvious what the 'ol Hawkeroo is lobbying for.