White Sox vs Rockies 7:40 CT first pitch

Kyyle23

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 10:06 PM)
What? Sox should have easily won last night, and then Rockies had what, 3 different situations with man on 3rd and less than 2 outs where they didn't score tonight? We scored 2 runs due to Seth Smith's awful defense.

The post I quoted said the series should be 1-1, because both teams should have won yesterday. I was just a bit confused.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 10:11 PM)
my Chevrolet player of the game? Beckham. That was a sweet double he started in the 8th.

Not many second basemen can get to that ball, and make that throw. I know everyone dogs on Hawk, but is there really any doubt about Gordo being one of the best Dmen at 2B?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 04:12 AM)
Not many second basemen can get to that ball, and make that throw. I know everyone dogs on Hawk, but is there really any doubt about Gordo being one of the best Dmen at 2B?

He's been absolutely fantastic, and he's made it so they can't send him down no matter what.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 10:12 PM)
He's been absolutely fantastic, and he's made it so they can't send him down no matter what.

He handles almost anything he gets to very well, but I haven't looked at the advanced metrics...do the numbers suggest that he is getting to a lot of balls, or just handling those that he does get to?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 04:09 AM)
That is the one thing I am still holding on to this year. 4 games out, and we have played like s*** for the most part.

I can't see a situation where we have more of our players flat out suck for 81 games during the 2nd half of the year than we've seen already. 5 of our 9 core players have been beyond bad, and we're only 4 games out. Like my buddy jphat said, it's crazy.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 10:14 PM)
I can't see a situation where we have more of our players flat out suck for 81 games during the 2nd half of the year than we've seen already. 5 of our 9 core players have been beyond bad, and we're only 4 games out. Like my buddy jphat said, it's crazy.

and even more than that, who do we have who should regress? Humber? Maybe Konerko?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 08:12 PM)

he really is. I love his effort, too.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 09:20 PM)
and even more than that, who do we have who should regress? Humber? Maybe Konerko?

Lillibridge. Bruney, I guess. But he does have something of a prior track record of success in the big leagues.

You'd like to think Santos could continue at his current save conversion rate. Seemingly, he's gotten over the hump after that recent rough stretch.

Not to mention the possibilty of adding Viciedo.

But Peavy could get hurt, of course....or Danks struggling all season long with that oblique.

Konerko's the ONLY hitter you would expect not to play better than he has been. Maybe AJ the last month, he's due to cool down a bit. Quentin's really been streaking/slumping, as is usual with him.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 08:06 PM)
How is Giambi more productive than Dunn.

Im sure someone would have bet a ton of money that would have never happened this year.

Giambi's salary is in the neighborhood of $1MM. One year deal. And no draft pick surrended. Way to go, Kenny.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 08:41 PM)
Its kind of like watching the Titanic after the first compartment is breached. Part of you is thinking, well they can come back from this. But the other part knows better.

LOL

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 03:08 AM)
credit to Jeff Cox for sending Quentin on that sac fly... surely noticed Rios was up next and did what's best for the team

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 03:09 AM)
That is the one thing I am still holding on to this year. 4 games out, and we have played like s*** for the most part.

1.) I don't know if Cox deserves credit because he should have been out by the proverbial mile.

All the outfielder had to do was throw a simple lob toss and the runner was dead.

But ... it worked and Rios would have made out, so the Cox decision worked. But it took a horrible, horrible throw to get the run in.

I hope if we ever start hitting again, Cox does not send one of our plodders home on a bloop pop to right in a similar situation.

2.) I agree. This team has been so bad and

is only six or seven back in the loss column. The only hope for me personally is somehow we start hitting home runs in bunches the second half. Really our team has not changed. It's the long ball or nothing. No team speed whatsoever now that Juan can't steal a base.

The power hitters have to blast homers and so do the Lexi's and Beckham's and Rios'es and Dunn's or we're going nowhere offensively.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 09:52 PM)
1.) I don't know if Cox deserves credit because he should have been out by the proverbial mile.

All the outfielder had to do was throw a simple lob toss and the runner was dead.

But ... it worked and Rios would have made out, so the Cox decision worked. But it took a horrible, horrible throw to get the run in.

I hope if we ever start hitting again, Cox does not send one of our plodders home on a bloop pop to right in a similar situation.

2.) I agree. This team has been so bad and

is only six or seven back in the loss column. The only hope for me personally is somehow we start hitting home runs in bunches the second half. Really our team has not changed. It's the long ball or nothing. No team speed whatsoever now that Juan can't steal a base.

The power hitters have to blast homers and so do the Lexi's and Beckham's and Rios'es and Dunn's or we're going nowhere offensively.

5 games behind CLE and only 4 behind DET in the loss column

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 03:57 AM)
5 games behind CLE and only 4 behind DET in the loss column

That truly is nothing at this stage of the season. Those of you who didn't give up in May like I did were right.

But why can't this White Sox team, which on paper is the best team in the division, wake up offensively??

We have a zillion games against Central Div. teams (gulp) and can make something of this season.

It's time to bring up Dayan and see if that helps. This offense is so bad it is hard to believe we're still in the race in this lousy division.

Lift and pull is this team's motto. I'm just hoping we lift and pull 3 or 4 a game over the fence the rest of the year.