White Sox vs Cubs First Pitch 3:10 CT

Kyyle23

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jul 2, 2011 -> 04:38 PM)
Pierre will be our leadoff guy for the next 2 seasons.

I hope not. I am glad he is having a nice week, but he should not be getting the most ABs on this team. The only people who believe Pierre should get the most ABs is Ozzie and the twitter duo of Oney and Cowley.

QUOTE (FlySox87 @ Jul 2, 2011 -> 04:39 PM)
Why wouldn't it be? A no hitter's a no hitter, regardless of whether the team wins.

It was only 8 innings. Yankees were on the road.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 2, 2011 -> 04:40 PM)
was it well hit?

or a nubber?

Can you imagine if we win 1-0 somehow Juan would be GWRBI 3 days in a row?

A slappy single over short. A standard Pierre single.

QUOTE (FlySox87 @ Jul 2, 2011 -> 04:39 PM)
Why wouldn't it be? A no hitter's a no hitter, regardless of whether the team wins.

Either way, no hitter and shutout gone all in one pitch. And Garza should shut the hell up. He threw the pitch.

I don't know for some reason I thought I remembered hearing something about that, maybe not though. Maybe it was you had to throw the complete game and not rain shortened games, I honestly don't know where I heard it, or what exactly it was, it's been a long time ago.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Jul 2, 2011 -> 03:42 PM)
I don't know for some reason I thought I remembered hearing something about that, maybe not though. Maybe it was you had to throw the complete game and not rain shortened games, I honestly don't know where I heard it, or what exactly it was, it's been a long time ago.

I could understand if it was the away team throwing the no-hitter and losing without a bottom of the ninth, but if a pitcher goes nine innings, gives up no hits, and loses, I don't think that prevents a technical no-hitter.

In other news, I hate Adam Dunn.