White Sox vs Cubs First Pitch 3:10 CT

Kyyle23

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 2, 2011 -> 03:52 PM)
Wrigley Field is a goofy place. Ball goes up in the air, the drunks start acting like they just hit a 900 foot homer.

It was that way 50-60 years ago. Never changes. Years ago, Ernie Banks would take a big swing and pop the ball up. Crowd would cheer wildly in anticipation. The the SS or CF would catch the ball, and the crowd would groan. Routine. There is a genetic strain that runs through that ball park that is scary. Those people have jobs, vote, and breed. Scary.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jul 2, 2011 -> 03:00 PM)
It was that way 50-60 years ago. Never changes. Years ago, Ernie Banks would take a big swing and pop the ball up. Crowd would cheer wildly in anticipation. The the SS or CF would catch the ball, and the crowd would groan. Routine. There is a genetic strain that runs through that ball park that is scary. Those people have jobs, vote, and breed. Scary.

:notworthy

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jul 2, 2011 -> 05:00 PM)

That's because there are a ton of seats in the lower deck that are obstructed view. Even if you can see most of the field, the people can't see the ball in the air.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 2, 2011 -> 03:02 PM)
I still think Humber is a complete fluke.

How do you define "fluke" considering his performance to date in 2011?

I'd like to know more behind your reasoning.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 2, 2011 -> 03:56 PM)
Well, and this is even when he's hitting...he offers nothing defensively and has no speed whatsoever. So yeah, .168 and a 43%+ k-rate puts him right in the discussion.

I think they should shut him down for the rest of the season. See what happens in ST. Meanwhile, bring up Tank.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 2, 2011 -> 05:03 PM)
How do you define "fluke" considering his performance to date in 2011?

I'd like to know more behind your reasoning.

His numbers belie his true talent level, IMO. But I'll take it for as long as he's performing.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 2, 2011 -> 04:02 PM)
That's because there are a ton of seats in the lower deck that are obstructed view. Even if you can see most of the field, the people can't see the ball in the air.

Wrong.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 2, 2011 -> 03:04 PM)
His numbers belie his true talent level, IMO.

Ah, so it is truly just an unsubstantiated opinion... not based in stats... I thought you had some sort of insight into his numbers that made you have that opinion.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 2, 2011 -> 05:04 PM)
His numbers belie his true talent level, IMO. But I'll take it for as long as he's performing.

You can make the argument the other way though for most his career. I mean, he was the No. 3 overall pick for a reason.