GreatFalls.jpg

SP: Ja. Casey

Box Score

Bristol White Sox W 13-6

BristolWhiteSox2.GIF

SP: Leyer

Box Score

Edited by LayelBurton

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Jul 2, 2011 -> 04:49 PM)
Make that 2 HR on the day for Viciedo.

Well, we scored a run today, and it was actually enough to win, so I'm sure Ozzie still loves his "mix".

F**K his F***KIN MIX!!!

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 2, 2011 -> 05:04 PM)
That Dylan Axelrod sure learned how to pitch at some point.

He looks like our #6 or #7 next year. He has Carlos Torres/Lucas Harrell similarities. I hope he can be a little better.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 2, 2011 -> 05:30 PM)
Dayan is just stupid good.

We gotta get him on the 25 man, somehow. Have Dunn, Rios, Lilli, and Omar each get a 15 day DL bogus injury/vacation consecutively between now and Sept. when rosters expand.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

Viciedo for Dunn is obviously the right play.

Didn't Dunn have 3 more Ks today, including one with first and third and one out -- in Wrigley, allegedly his favorite park to hit.

His mind is mush. He needs to go on the DL to regroup. Gotta be sub .170. (.168).

But one that can't happen because of the contract.

That's on Kenny. Not Ozzie.

Edited by winninguglyin83

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 2, 2011 -> 05:57 PM)
Saladino hit his 10th HR of the year. 5 in his last 7 games. Kid is surging.

He has impressive pop, 1 HR per 16.5 AB's so far this year. On top of that I've heard that he plays a very capable SS, if he can cut his K's down just a bit he could become a big time prospect. There are so few shortstops out there who can excel on offense and defense. We happen to have one of the very few in MLB with Alexei but you can never have too much talent.

I wonder if they'll leave him at SS. Probably, that's where he has the most value. Teams leave legit SS prospects there as long as possible (typically) until they possibly make a position change later.

If he has quite a bit of pop, you wonder if the Sox might decide to switch him over to 3B if Morel doesn't hit for power or walk much in the 2nd half.

How strong is his arm? Range? Does he profile as a better 2B or 3B from a defensive standpoint, based on his skill set?

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 2, 2011 -> 06:35 PM)
He looks like our #6 or #7 next year. He has Carlos Torres/Lucas Harrell similarities. I hope he can be a little better.

I fail to see the Torres/Harrell comparison, and those two aren't even like each other. I don't recall Harrell ever putting up the numbers at the higher levels that Axelrod has done in the past couple years, peripheral-wise.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 2, 2011 -> 08:35 PM)
I fail to see the Torres/Harrell comparison, and those two aren't even like each other. I don't recall Harrell ever putting up the numbers at the higher levels that Axelrod has done in the past couple years, peripheral-wise.

I meant similarities in the way the organization probably views them. I don't think Axlerod will become a Plan A for next season's rotation, no matter how well he does at Charlotte.

Another late inning charge by the Voyagers to get a come from behind win. A big eighth inning topped off by a 2 run homerun by Mark Haddow (OF) got them the win. Haddow on the night was 1 for 3 with 3 RBIs, a walk, and 2 runs scored. Andrew Dougles (2B) had a big game going 2 for 4 with a triple and his first homerun of the year. Nothing too exciting on the pitching side. Jarrett Casey got ruffed up as the starter going 2 inning and giving up 5 earned runs. Jon Gulbransen and Joe Dvorsky pitched the last three innnings giving up no hits and striking out 5 between them.

Edited by gfbaseball

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Jul 2, 2011 -> 06:39 PM)
Viciedo for Dunn is obviously the right play.

Didn't Dunn have 3 more Ks today, including one with first and third and one out -- in Wrigley, allegedly his favorite park to hit.

His mind is mush. He needs to go on the DL to regroup. Gotta be sub .170. (.168).

But one that can't happen because of the contract.

That's on Kenny. Not Ozzie.

you could also say Q as well. He's not struggling as much as Dunn, but he hasn't hit in 2-3 weeks. Not saying I want to see either Dunn or Q struggle, but there is another spot Dayan could legitimately take