Kyyle23

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 04:26 PM)
Pathetic offensive performance today. I can't believe we benched our best player twice in last four games just to get Dunn at bats. Dunn is killing us this season!

Wait till he does it against divisional opponents.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 10:43 PM)
Wait till he does it against divisional opponents.

I said this last week, but it's to the point where we're not going to win anything this year with Dunn in the lineup (struggling the way he is). He's showing no signs of coming out of it, so bench him for now and see what we can do with Viciedo at DH for the next month. He absolutely should not be starting 5-6 times a week.

I can't recall a longer stretch of games where the Sox have not been blowing out/been blown out by the opposition. I was thinking earlier that our pitchers are throwing a ton of stressful innings, as I can't recall last time we were up by more than 3 in a game.

Pathetic offensive performance today. I can't believe we benched our best player twice in last four games just to get Dunn at bats. Dunn is killing us this season!

I understand getting Dunn in the line up. He's not going to come out of it sitting on the bench. But does he have to hit 3rd? With him in the 3 hole, Rios in the 6 hole and the pitcher, that's 3 just about automatic outs spread out perfectly in your offense for minimal run production.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 04:21 PM)
Caller "I don't understand why the couldnt hit Lopez, he doesn't throw hard and people makes lots of contact."

Rongey "well so does Buehrle"

Me : turns radio knob to different station.

:notworthy

I think his wrist is bothering him and they just aren't saying anything. His swing looked a little funky the other day.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 06:30 PM)
I think his wrist is bothering him and they just aren't saying anything. His swing looked a little funky the other day.

Hmm, that makes this push to get him on the All-Star team a little conflicting for me then...

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 08:46 PM)
2 runs in 2 days at Wrigley bad bad Ju Ju. :gosox4:

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 09:45 PM)
I said this last week, but it's to the point where we're not going to win anything this year with Dunn in the lineup (struggling the way he is). He's showing no signs of coming out of it, so bench him for now and see what we can do with Viciedo at DH for the next month. He absolutely should not be starting 5-6 times a week.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 09:47 PM)
I can't recall a longer stretch of games where the Sox have not been blowing out/been blown out by the opposition. I was thinking earlier that our pitchers are throwing a ton of stressful innings, as I can't recall last time we were up by more than 3 in a game.

1.) To win one of the 2 games with 2 runs total ... a miracle. 2 runs in Wrigley Field in two days, one scoring on a wild pitch. My god. Fire Walker now! We need a scapegoat.

2.) Dunn has to be put on the DL. Viciedo needs to take ALL his at bats for a few weeks. Pierre is not going to be replaced and there's nowhere else to put Viciedo. It would be nice to also put Rios on the DL for a few weeks. Let Lilli patrol center.

3.) This is not a good sign. The way we're going I do not expect us to win the KC series. The Royals can hit the ball and we can't hit no matter who takes the mound. KC is bound to score four or more each game.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 06:33 PM)
1.) To win one of the 2 games with 2 runs total ... a miracle. 2 runs in Wrigley Field in two days, one scoring on a wild pitch. My god. Fire Walker now! We need a scapegoat.

2.) Dunn has to be put on the DL. Viciedo needs to take ALL his at bats for a few weeks. Pierre is not going to be replaced and there's nowhere else to put Viciedo. It would be nice to also put Rios on the DL for a few weeks. Let Lilli patrol center.

3.) This is not a good sign. The way we're going I do not expect us to win the KC series. The Royals can hit the ball and we can't hit no matter who takes the mound. KC is bound to score four or more each game.

They only needed 4 off Rodrigo Lopez today for the sweep. The Sox have had a tough time with the 3rd game of series where they won the first 2 the last couple of years. Its really hard to believe Dunn could possibly be this bad, and Rios seems like an automatic out again. I would imagine this team will eventually hit, just pray by then the pitchers aren't too worn out with the lack of run support and run out of gas.