Paul Konerko not named to the AllStar Game

kapzk

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 12:03 PM)
I hope someone pisses in Washington's coke.

And I'm tired of Hamilton, like milkman said he got in cause he was a coke addict.

Hamilton's been good this year. Even though he missed a full month.

I don't get why they make it easily spammable. What's the point? To see whose fans have the most free time?

I'm not sure if I want Konerko on or off the team, but I'm leaning off. The only good reason for him to be an allstar in my opinion is it lends strength to his "borderline hall of famer" argument. I actually couldn't believe Eric Karros said that on broadcast yesterday. It's pretty amazing people are even talking about Paulie in that light, but here we are, and the talk is becoming more valid.

Pre-2005, I used to wear the Sox all-stars as a badge of honor, because it was one of those finer points during arguments with Cubs fans. I also used to think of it as a showcase for Sox players in front of a national audience.

It's clear to me that despite the Sox's recent success, very few people will ever care about the Sox one way or another outside of our fanbase, and we'll never have that larger national presence that is seemingly reserved only for the Yanks, Red Sox and Cubs, so having the Sox have allstars is meaningless to me in that respect anymore.

Edited by Greg Hibbard

QUOTE (Cali @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 02:25 PM)
No offense to CQ, but his inclusion on the team is kinda like Crede's '08 selection. A head scratcher....

3rd highest wOBA among AL outfielders tied with fellow All Star Matt Joyce and behind All-Star starters Bautista and Granderson. He's also 6th overall in HR on the AL leaderboard and 4th among AL OF behind Granderson, Bautista and Nelson Cruz who's done nothing but hit HR this season. I'd say he deserved it.

QUOTE (Cali @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 02:25 PM)
No offense to CQ, but his inclusion on the team is kinda like Crede's '08 selection. A head scratcher....

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 03:32 PM)
3rd highest wOBA among AL outfielders tied with fellow All Star Matt Joyce and behind All-Star starters Bautista and Granderson. He's also 6th overall in HR on the AL leaderboard and 4th among AL OF behind Granderson, Bautista and Nelson Cruz who's done nothing but hit HR this season. I'd say he deserved it.

Cali just got Kalapse'd

Best way to get a multiplier on the Paulie vote... anyone who posts here do any posting on any boards for any of the national league teams with players on the ballot? If so, we should do a swap type of thing. They vote for Paulie in the AL, we vote for theirs in the NL.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 04:16 PM)
I don't live in Chicago and can't find it on-line. How would one get one of those "Paul Star" shirts?

i remember trying to get one of those "punch aj" shirts some years back. it seemed they only made them for the workers at the cell and not the general public

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 01:32 PM)

I'm just talking about his selection. I was pretty sure no one saw the Crede selection coming in '08, just like not a lot of people thought CQ was gonna get it this year. We all assumed Paulie for sure, maybe Humber and possibly Santos.

CQ is fine, but recently, he's stunk up the joint...which makes the selection even more of a shocker. Ironically, he's been a pop up machine lately, just like Crede when he was off...

On a side note, when Ron Washington hears wOBA, he probably just thinks it's the name of his cocaine dealer...

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 07:05 PM)
What are the chances he still gets in? I know Texeira also didn't make it. So that can't help.

Tex isn't in the final vote, so that helps Paulie a lot.

As for Humber and Santos, Felix, Verlander, and Shields are all pitching Sunday. CC will replace one, Humber should get one spot, and League's wife is due soon so that could help Santos.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 07:11 PM)
Tex isn't in the final vote, so that helps Paulie a lot.

As for Humber and Santos, Felix, Verlander, and Shields are all pitching Sunday. CC will replace one, Humber should get one spot, and League's wife is due soon so that could help Santos.

CC also pitches on Sunday