Paul Konerko not named to the AllStar Game

kapzk

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 07:33 AM)
Honestly, I'll vote at least 100 times for him. It's the least any of us can do. Get him that bonus!

I've voted at least 100 times and I'll keep voting. Sure Paulie maybe could benefit from more time off but he DESERVES to be there. It's an honor and he should be an All Star! It is utterly ridiculous that he wasn't selected. God, I hate the stupid all star voting system.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 01:38 PM)
PK just plays the wrong position. Simple as that. But he can still get in. Biggest snub by far was Andrew McCutchen. There's absolutely no excuse for his omission.

I got to see him play yesterday in Washington... that guy's pretty awesome.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 04:21 PM)
I got to see him play yesterday in Washington... that guy's pretty awesome.

He continues to trend upward every season (I'm calling a certain White Sox 2B out here). I hope the Pirates get really good again so we get to see more of this elite talent without having to be an Extra Innings subscriber.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 05:37 PM)
He continues to trend upward every season (I'm calling a certain White Sox 2B out here). I hope the Pirates get really good again so we get to see more of this elite talent without having to be an Extra Innings subscriber.

Speaking of young franchise players who are or are not trending upwards in that game, I didn't realize Ryan Zimmerman was having such a crappy season.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 04:46 PM)
Speaking of young franchise players who are or are not trending upwards in that game, I didn't realize Ryan Zimmerman was having such a crappy season.

He was on the DL for quite some time. He's only played in 27 games (121 PAs). This most definitely has not been a good year for 3B. Along with Zimmerman, as I'm sure you know, Longoria and Wright have also spent a considerable amount of time on the DL. All three are elite when healthy.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 07:04 PM)
That's weak sauce compared to '05 and '06 for many. No hyperbole here. I swear I voted for Pods at least 1000 times. And that's a conservative estimate.

Yes absolutely. I can guarantee I logged over 1000 votes for Pods, and I sit here and think 'man, what the f*** was I thinking?". :lolhitting

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 09:42 AM)
Yes absolutely. I can guarantee I logged over 1000 votes for Pods, and I sit here and think 'man, what the f*** was I thinking?". :lolhitting

Me too. That year you could only vote 25 times per email address I think. I was just typing anything into the email address box.