Sox/Royals 7/4 - Sox gain independence from being under .500

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What will Dunn's average have to fall to before they consider Viciedo for at least two weeks?

.150?

.145?

Why can't they just bench him until Viciedo struggles or September when/if the team's no longer contending?

At the very least, he should never be playing against lefties. How can you?

Offense looks like it's picking up from where it left off lately. Quentin with another pop up to the right side, and Alex with a weak 30 second at bat. Good news is that I have confidence in our 8-9-1 to produce some offense.

Edited by fathom

Morel, Rios and Dunn all between 575-601 OPS.

JESUS of Nazareth, that's not good.

Do any other contending teams have 3 guys below 600, in the AL?

Can we just stick in DeAza in CF? I'm guessing the answer to that is no, he sucks in CF.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 11:42 PM)
What will Dunn's average have to fall to before they consider Viciedo for at least two weeks?

.150?

.145?

Why can't they just bench him until Viciedo struggles or September when/if the team's no longer contending?

At the very least, he should never be playing against lefties. How can you?

It's quite obvious Dunn is just lost at the plate, and with the team still in contention, you can't afford to not try and add a spark to your offense. One player isn't bigger than the whole team, but sadly, that's almost what Dunn's struggles are coming across as now (especially with him hitting third).

Well hoping your pitching is only going to give up 1 or 2 runs may work against the NL. It's not however going to work in the AL. So hopefully we can get Kenny and Ozzie to suspend their stupid game of who has a bigger one, because this offense is a joke. We need to get better quickly. We are in the midst of our division. Thankfully we have a guy killing the ball that we can't call up for whatever reason.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 06:45 PM)

Can we just stick in DeAza in CF? I'm guessing the answer to that is no, he sucks in CF.

Not a great arm for De Aza, but terrific range. He is at worst a solid CF.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 05:45 PM)

I'd call us a pretty marginal contending team, sadly.

Francis is 3-9.

He's absolutely gotten rocked his last 3 starts. His ERA is near 6 (correction 5). He's topping out at 85-86-87 MPH. If we can't hit him, who exactly CAN we hit? He's the definition of major league filler/replacement level pitcher.

At least Lopez had deception on his side.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 11:53 PM)
Francis is 3-9.

He's absolutely gotten rocked his last 3 starts. His ERA is near 6. He's topping out at 85-86-87 MPH. If we can't hit him, who exactly CAN we hit?

Outside of the 7th inning against Wells, the starting pitchers against the Sox have just shut us down. No more than 3 runs in a game against any starter still in baseball in a long time.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 04:53 PM)
Francis is 3-9.

He's absolutely gotten rocked his last 3 starts. His ERA is near 6. He's topping out at 85-86-87 MPH. If we can't hit him, who exactly CAN we hit?

If Lopez can do it, Francis can too. It's just a very weak lineup that chokes with RISP

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 12:53 AM)
Francis is 3-9.

OK, let's play a game...try to name the inning when Hawk says "You have to tip your cap to Francis"

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 06:53 PM)
Francis is 3-9.

How many times has a pitcher on a large series of losses, or a mile high ERA shut this team down. He'll one year a guy from the orioles got released shortly after dominating us.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 06:55 PM)
How many times has a pitcher on a large series of losses, or a mile high ERA shut this team down. He'll one year a guy from the orioles got released shortly after dominating us.

There isn't a single pitcher in MLB, heck AAA, that I am not convinced could completely shut this offense down.

Did that even make sense? Double/triple negative? LOL

Why do we swing at the first pitch? We can't hit, granted, but couldn't we at least make them work? Rios is the worst offender on this one. I played in a tournament in 8th Grade and before I walked to the plate, my coach grabbed me and said if I swung at the first pitch, I wouldn't play in the tournament again. Needless to say, I didn't swing. Actually, I don't think I ever swung at the firstpitch again. How about we fire Ozzie and hire that guy?