Sox/Royals 7/4 - Sox gain independence from being under .500

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 03:20 PM)
Is this game really at 6 p.m.?

If Mark works fast and Francis mows us down, this game could be over by 8:15 which would mean a long wait for fireworks.

There was a regular Saturday night fireworks game about this time of year several years ago where Buehrle had it done in less than 2 hours. They started the fireworks show while it was light out. In fact it still was light when the show was over. Vendors do not like Mark Buehrle.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 03:22 PM)
There was a regular Saturday night fireworks game about this time of year several years ago where Buehrle had it done in less than 2 hours. They started the fireworks show while it was light out. In fact it still was light when the show was over. Vendors do not like Mark Buehrle.

I was at that game.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 08:23 PM)
I was at that game.

What a waste of fireworks. Fireworks in the day??

Just save them if you are going to do that.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 02:22 PM)

I liked this story.

QUOTE (spiderman @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 02:33 PM)
Guillen seems to be going all in with Dunn of late in an attempt to get him out of this massive hole. I can't say I would bat him anywhere but 7th or so.

did you see his expression when he was asked about Dunn yesterday, that wry smile? I think Ozzie's sick of his s*** too.

I honestly don't know why the Sox haven't broached the idea with Dunn to just take two weeks off on the DL. Maybe they have, I don't know for sure, I guess. But baseball is just like anything else. Sometimes the best medicine is time away. Give him two weeks to go back home with his family, relax and get his mind back together. Since nothing else has worked, why not give this a try?

Strike 4 to Dunn...how is it possible his at bats are getting worse? Batting him 3rd tonight is just comical. Actually, playing him against a lefty when he should be 0 for 53 against them this year is more comical. Batting Dunn 3rd is just so idiotic, it's really baffling that Ozzie keeps doing it.

Edited by fathom

The fans aren't even booing Dunn as much as previously.

Small crowd on 4th of July or they've just given up trying?

The Twins and Tigers had close to record crowds in the last week....will we even get to 30,000 today?

Edited by caulfield12