Sox/Royals 7/4 - Sox gain independence from being under .500

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 08:21 PM)
You guys give rios s***, but look at Lexi, he gets allergy with men on base

Ironically however Alexei hits better with Runners on compare to the bases empty. .285 Avg vs .268

Castro crushed that!!

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 07:21 PM)
You guys give rios s***, but look at Lexi, he gets allergy with men on base

Because Alexei was the best defender in baseball at the most important position on the field last year, and he was our best clutch hitter in 2008 until he got tired at the end of the season.

Ramirez has never equalled his rookie year offensively, but a 750 OPS is nothing to sneeze at.

Rios is at 600. That's a big difference. And he hasn't played well for nearly a full-season. Alexei has been one of our 3 best hitters the first three months of 2011.

And Rios has made about 5X as much money as Alexei from 2009-2011.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 07:31 PM)
The ironic thing is both of his hits against lefties should have been pretty routine plays.

He did hit the ball pretty hard to end Liriano's no hitter. It just happened to be right at the SS.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 08:25 PM)
Because Alexei was the best defender in baseball at the most important position on the field last year, and he was our best clutch hitter in 2008 until he got tired at the end of the season.

Ramirez has never equalled his rookie year offensively, but a 750 OPS is nothing to sneeze at.

Rios is at 600. That's a big difference. And he hasn't played well for nearly a full-season. Alexei has been one of our 3 best hitters the first three months of 2011.

And Rios has made about 5X as much money as Alexei from 2009-2011.

I do't give a hoot about 2008 or last year, what have you done for me lately? That's what counts, yes rios has sucked but Lexi hadn't been far behind

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 12:33 AM)
I do't give a hoot about 2008 or last year, what have you done for me lately? That's what counts, yes rios has sucked but Lexi hadn't been far behind

Wait, you're trying to say Ramirez has been nearly as bad as Rios this year?

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 07:33 PM)

Alexei's struggling. Everybody goes through slumps. He was hitting nearly .300 two weeks ago.