Sox/Royals 7/4 - Sox gain independence from being under .500

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 07:31 PM)
If we lose tonight at home against KC on the 4th, heads should finally roll.

They won't. White sox baseball is always about one simple fact that tomorrow is always there. They don't have any sense of urgency. Ozzie has stated that Pierre could go 0-100 and he would play everyday. So that should tell you everything.

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 07:33 PM)
I do't give a hoot about 2008 or last year, what have you done for me lately? That's what counts, yes rios has sucked but Lexi hadn't been far behind

25 MLB GM's would claim Alexei Ramirez were he to be placed on waivers.

0 would claim Alex Rios.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 12:35 AM)
They won't. White sox baseball is always about one simple fact that tomorrow is always there. They don't have any sense of urgency. Ozzie has stated that Pierre could go 0-100 and he would play everyday. So that should tell you everything.

Did he really say that?

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 12:35 AM)

True, no urgency at all, but we can't beat the Central. If that trend continues tonight, heads should roll.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 08:35 PM)
25 MLB GM's would claim Alexei Ramirez were he to be placed on waivers.

0 would claim Alex Rios.

Who cares? Really you guys try to defend some players and trash others, again rios is sucking big time I have no problem saying it, but I don't pick and choose with stupid past stats

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 07:33 PM)
Francouer woulda been a way better addition than Dunn for 1/15th the cost.

Francouer's a stubborn douche who will never be a great player until he listens to the criticism people hand out to him. He's not really good at anything, but has the talent to be a very very good hitter.

I think when he looks back on his career 15-20 years from now, he'll regret that he didn't listen to the people who told him to take more pitches and be more patient.

Everything you say about Dunn is pretty much hindsight. Because nobody really complained about signing him. And the people that did complain never saw this coming either.

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 07:37 PM)
Who cares? Really you guys try to defend some players and trash others, again rios is sucking big time I have no problem saying it, but I don't pick and choose with stupid past stats

Rios is hitting .220. Ramirez is hitting .275. One's worth trashing, the other's acceptable.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 08:43 PM)
Rios is hitting .220. Ramirez is hitting .275. One's worth trashing, the other's acceptable.

I'm fine with that, I've trashed him myself, but you can't go trashing a player and defend the other with stats of the past

Random question: what happened to Tyler Flowers? I saw a list of our top prospects the other day and he wasn't even on it. Has he been written off?

Also, if Pierre got 5 ABs every game for 20 games, I don't care if he doesn't get a hit. That many ABs means someone is getting hits, and we're probably scoring more than we are now. I'll take it! :lolhitting