New guy here

Uman85

Hey everyone, I didn't see an introduction thread so I thought I'd post it in here. You can delete it or move it if necessary. Just thought I'd say a quick hello and introduce myself before I start posting with you guys. I was born in Chicago, but my parents moved to Lexington, KY shortly after I was born unfortunately. I frequently go up to Chicago and visit my family and hope to move back up there as soon as I can. I love the city and the White Sox. Hope to post here a lot. It looks like a great site for Sox baseball. Go Sox! :gosoxretro:

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 01:50 AM)
Welcome, but don't let this place get to you, or you will become depressed about this team pretty fast!

Thanks! I agree, it's been a rough year so far.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 01:54 AM)
Welcome! :cheers Also, don't let any of Joecoolman's nicknames get to you or you will become depressed pretty fast.

Lol thanks for the welcome! :cheers

QUOTE (Uman85 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 12:35 AM)
Hey everyone, I didn't see an introduction thread so I thought I'd post it in here. You can delete it or move it if necessary. Just thought I'd say a quick hello and introduce myself before I start posting with you guys. I was born in Chicago, but my parents moved to Lexington, KY shortly after I was born unfortunately. I frequently go up to Chicago and visit my family and hope to move back up there as soon as I can. I love the city and the White Sox. Hope to post here a lot. It looks like a great site for Sox baseball. Go Sox! :gosoxretro:

Welcome, dude!

Tip #1 green = sarcasm

Tip #2 to fit in, short, obnoxious posts that you repeat over and over again will mark you as a regular.

Tip #3 You are clearly a southern gentleman, well bless their hearts, there are a ton of yankee blowhards here.

Tip #4 Don't fight it, use you're your and their there interchangeably.

• 4 weeks later...

Thought I'd re-use this topic. If not appreciated I'll just see myself out ;)

Also new here. White Sox-fan for about 10 years, not really sure why I ended up with White Sox but I did... From Sweden, maybe the only WS-fan in the country. Never met any other fan anyway! Baseball is not really the most popular sport over here but I ended up with a baseball TV-channel when I moved to a new apartment in 2005. Not sure if I could have chosen a better year to move!!

Been watching a local team this year which got my interest in the sport back up and now all I talk about with people is baseball. Luckily I have a very understanding wife (who's American, it helps) and a few friends who do not hate the sport at least.

Anyway, I hope I'll be able to take part in the discussions on here. I love the sport but I lack a lot of knowledge about both the sport and White Sox so I will probably mostly be a silent observer to begin with :)

QUOTE (The Only Swede @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 10:07 AM)
Thought I'd re-use this topic. If not appreciated I'll just see myself out ;)

Also new here. White Sox-fan for about 10 years, not really sure why I ended up with White Sox but I did... From Sweden, maybe the only WS-fan in the country. Never met any other fan anyway! Baseball is not really the most popular sport over here but I ended up with a baseball TV-channel when I moved to a new apartment in 2005. Not sure if I could have chosen a better year to move!!

Been watching a local team this year which got my interest in the sport back up and now all I talk about with people is baseball. Luckily I have a very understanding wife (who's American, it helps) and a few friends who do not hate the sport at least.

Anyway, I hope I'll be able to take part in the discussions on here. I love the sport but I lack a lot of knowledge about both the sport and White Sox so I will probably mostly be a silent observer to begin with :)

That's pretty cool. I like to hear about people in other countries who have the dedication to follow a team overseas. Stick around, read up on the team, but most of all, don't let the general pessimism here bring you down. There are many, MANY worse off organizations you could have followed.