Is there any way to dump Dunn and get Pujols?

Steve9347

No, but honestly, I think Dunn can bounce back. Just not in this atmosphere, with this coaching staff. I've given up all hope on them. Sadly, I've given up all hope that management will can all of them because they haven't done so yet. Especially Walker. We've seen this poo for the past 5 years, nothing has changed except for the players, but it still is not his fault.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 10:49 PM)
Sure I'll play along. Yes, but you would have to wait about 5 months, eat most of Dunn's remaining $50 mill and then sign Pujols to a $250 mill and up deal.

Any team that pays a guy over 30 that kind of money is insane.

Oh wait, the White Sox showed similar insanity in giving Dunn all that money.

Basically the Yankees or Bosox will be paying Pujols for the next 3 years in trying to win 3 world titles in a row. Whomever signs him for 5-6 years could be getting little out of him the final year or two.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 07:39 PM)
Any team that pays a guy over 30 that kind of money is insane.

Oh wait, the White Sox showed similar insanity in giving Dunn all that money.

Basically the Yankees or Bosox will be paying Pujols for the next 3 years in trying to win 3 world titles in a row. Whomever signs him for 5-6 years could be getting little out of him the final year or two.

The Yankees have Teixeira and Rodriguez's massive contracts already.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 03:57 PM)
No, but honestly, I think Dunn can bounce back. Just not in this atmosphere, with this coaching staff. I've given up all hope on them. Sadly, I've given up all hope that management will can all of them because they haven't done so yet. Especially Walker. We've seen this poo for the past 5 years, nothing has changed except for the players, but it still is not his fault.

The 2012 Adam Dunn will most likely be better. PK has tanked twice in his career.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 04:57 PM)

So Dunn, who's been in the league for 9 years and put up the same numbers for those 9...got to the Sox and the coaching staff ruined his game? Seriously?

I get the hatred, but jesus use at least a little common sense.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 07:30 PM)
It was just a tad more ridiculous than the serious post trying to turn Rios into Rasmus.

considering that idea included Danks, or both Danks for Rasmus and possibly DFA' ing Rios, it's not ridiculous at all. Throw in the fact that Rasmus can't stand LaRussa and yes they're pretty similar threads. :huh