7/7: White Sox vs The "Golden Sponge Cakes with Creamy Fillings&q

Of course.

And I've rooted from start to finish of Sox teams with way worse records than this team.

But for some reason this team (except for the pitching) just has made me a very bad fan.

Greg, it could be the expectation of the performance we expected with the "All In" campaign. Dunni my 2 cents.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (OilCan @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 03:16 AM)
Just a ton of expectations, Greg...from the All In campaign, to the big Adam Dunn signing, expecting our hitting to come around, our defense to be adequate, and our pitching to be there. Just that our pitching has come through consistently. Not our defense and certainly not our hitting, for the price that JR is paying these guys. Just a ton of FAIL out there.

I dunno. We are 6-27 vs. Minnesota with 8 losses in a row.

We lose to KC consistently and Detroit. We pop the ball up. We hit weak grounders. I think my total dissatisfaction with this team is its dysfunctionality to go with the offensive offense. It's insane.

We're actually 1st in the AL in defense.

Quentin and Beckham have improved pretty dramatically. Morel's been very solid since the first month. Where we have seen fall-offs is with Pierre, Rios and Ramirez, but it's still a very good defensive team. Ramirez is still one of the best overall defensive shortstops in the game and Rios is still above-average.

AJ has his obvious throwing issues (half of it is on the pitchers not holding anyone except for Buehrle and Danks), but he's a solid game-caller and on-field general.

Quentin and Beckham have improved pretty dramatically. Morel's been very solid since the first month. Where we have seen fall-offs is with Pierre, Rios and Ramirez, but it's still a very good defensive team. Ramirez is still one of the best overall defensive shortstops in the game and Rios is still above-average.

AJ has his obvious throwing issues (half of it is on the pitchers not holding anyone except for Buehrle and Danks), but he's a solid game-caller and on-field general.

Ah, but if they could only hit consistantly, therein lies the rub!!

:lolhitting :lolhitting

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 10:20 PM)

You must be talking fielding%? No way you can be talking about DRS or UZR. Tampa has easily been the best defense in the league this year.

I was just listening to the Score. Obviously everyone is frustrated with Dunn but Rios is a different story...If he didnt have that huge contract he would be outta here. He had a good year last year but there was always a reason that Blue Jay fans were cheering when they heard we picked him up off waivers. Obviously he dogs it on some plays and Ozzie realizes that. He did the same thing in Toronto. But then there was that one youtube video of him screaming back at fans after he struck out what was it 5 times?(correct me if Im wrong on that). Seems like those red flags are popping up back here again. He can be a good ball player but at this point Im not sure if he will pull it together.