7/8 Games

OilCan

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 07:04 PM)
No short-season games???? SLACKER!!!

Hey Now! I am watching professional baseball, buddy.....er...the Twins. Oh never mind. :lolhitting

Bristol - http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/st...brirok_brlrok_1

Johnson.

Great Falls @ 8:05 pm CT. Phippen. :P

Edited by OilCan

Mitchell has been hitting the ball extremely well lately. The strikeouts are still a concern, but it looks like he may be getting back on track which is obviously very nice to see. Any reports on his speed? Is it back to his pre-injury levels?

Also very nice to see another Viciedo BB.

QUOTE (Pale Sox @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 09:25 PM)
Mitchell has been hitting the ball extremely well lately. The strikeouts are still a concern, but it looks like he may be getting back on track which is obviously very nice to see. Any reports on his speed? Is it back to his pre-injury levels?

Also very nice to see another Viciedo BB.

Supposedly his speed is there.

QUOTE (Pale Sox @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 12:06 AM)
I hope so. Only 6 for 10 in steal attempts leaves a lot to be desired, though.

He's been gaining confidence in his legs and often times high speed players who are considered top prospects don't steal a lot in the lower levels. There are exceptions to that but if a team knows a guy has speed they'll work with them on technique but won't have him running constantly for fear of injury. At least that is what a couple scouts have told me in the past. But every organization does things a little different.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 11:06 AM)
It's pretty insane how far Dayan's plate discipline has come in just one year. The kid is not only loaded with talent but apparently very willing to make adjustments, great combination.

He also seems like a real good kid. I think the future is quite bright. I am actually incredibly confident that he will be a .300/30/100 guy at the very least in his prime. I based this on the fact that he appears to be a very hard worker and already is a stud.

I also am enjoying his July month more so than any previous other month. Sure the batting average has dipped (but as we know, batting average tends to be very dynamic). I am thoroughly impressed with his 7/6 BB-to-K ratio.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 10:33 AM)
He also seems like a real good kid. I think the future is quite bright. I am actually incredibly confident that he will be a .300/30/100 guy at the very least in his prime.

It will be fun to see him progress. His strikeout ratio compares favorably with the busts of the recent past/present (Anderson Fields, Danks, Flowers) who all strikeout at a ratio of ~ 1.1 K/game - a very good predictor of MLB failure. DV's is ~.75 K/game which is well within the "acceptable" range for power hitters and is a good predictor of his future success.

Those making the Dan Pasqua comps will soon be flossing for crow feathers.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

Another tought loss for the Voyagers. Tough start for Sammy Pheppin giving up 5 runs in the first helped out by an error and a double clutching throw from third for a base hit. Also two jam bloopers for singles. Pheppin pitched alot better than his stats show, 8H, 7R, 4ER, & 4Ks in 5 innings. Blake Drake pitched two scoreless innings of relief. Joe DePinto (2B) went 4 for 5, missing the cycle by a home run. Joe added an RBI and a run scored to his stats. Mark Haddow (RF) also had a good day going 3 for 5 with 3 RBIs and a run scored.