Golfing Thread

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 8, 2015 -> 07:21 AM)
Torrey Pines is by far one of the biggest disappointments I've ever had waiting to play a pro course. Maybe you'll have a different experience.

Well that's disappointing. What didn't you like about it? It will, by far, be the best course that I have ever played so I can't really imagine being disappointed with it.

QUOTE (kevo880 @ Apr 8, 2015 -> 10:20 AM)
Well that's disappointing. What didn't you like about it? It will, by far, be the best course that I have ever played so I can't really imagine being disappointed with it.

It looked like an muni course you could find in the midwest except on the ocean. Just not in great shape. I put TPC Scottsdale in the same bucket.

My favorite prime time course are Doral and Whistling Straits by far.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 8, 2015 -> 10:05 AM)
It looked like an muni course you could find in the midwest except on the ocean. Just not in great shape. I put TPC Scottsdale in the same bucket.

My favorite prime time course are Doral and Whistling Straits by far.

Interesting. Well, I'll let you know how it goes. The trip is in mid-May.

I caught a player on my team cheating. I watched him take a seven. Long story short, he turns in a four, verifies it with the marker, reads it to the score, signs his card. At this point I ask him to tell me the shots. BOOM! You are DQ'd and turn in your equipment.

QUOTE (Tex @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 08:42 AM)
I caught a player on my team cheating. I watched him take a seven. Long story short, he turns in a four, verifies it with the marker, reads it to the score, signs his card. At this point I ask him to tell me the shots. BOOM! You are DQ'd and turn in your equipment.

Good lesson there. You play against the course within the rules. Everything else is you cheating. Golf is a great life lesson in honestly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had to switch contact lenses because what I had been wearing is no longer being manufactured. I really think it is hurting my golf game. My right (dominate) eye is adjusted for distance, my left for reading. In theory my brain will eventually learn to adjust and life will be wonderful. Meanwhile I can't seem to read greens

I got a chance to play in a charity golf tournament for the Boys and Girls Club of Atlanta yesterday. My boss couldn't go, so he asked me to fill in. Besides the fact that I got to take the day off work, it was a beautiful day (80 and sunny) and I played really well. And it didn't hurt that the course was well stocked with beer and other drinks/snacks.

Now I just have to find a way to do this more often.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ May 5, 2015 -> 02:55 PM)
I got a chance to play in a charity golf tournament for the Boys and Girls Club of Atlanta yesterday. My boss couldn't go, so he asked me to fill in. Besides the fact that I got to take the day off work, it was a beautiful day (80 and sunny) and I played really well. And it didn't hurt that the course was well stocked with beer and other drinks/snacks.

Now I just have to find a way to do this more often.

One of the major reasons I started to get more involved in golf was because I started getting invited to some of our corporate events. The state farm event at Cog Hill is just absurd. Free Beer/Food/Balls/Merch at every hole, huge lunch after the round, etc.

One company I worked for would have two or three group in the Monday ProAm at the Greater Milwaukee Open and one in the Wednesday. In 1996 we played well as a team but we lost to a team that had an amateur that was about to make his professional debut the next day, Eldrick Woods.

QUOTE (Tex @ May 7, 2015 -> 11:05 AM)
One company I worked for would have two or three group in the Monday ProAm at the Greater Milwaukee Open and one in the Wednesday. In 1996 we played well as a team but we lost to a team that had an amateur that was about to make his professional debut the next day, Eldrick Woods.

Wow, that's really awesome.