Future's Game Thread

maggsmaggs

So thought it might be cool to get a Future's Game thread going. I am taping the game, but will be eagerly awaiting to watch later. On my Comcast, the description for the game goes as follows:

U.S. vs. the Wolrd in the All-Star Futures Game in Phoenix. Sluggers Mike Trout (Angels) and Bryce Harper (Nationals) lead the U.S. Julio Teheran (Braves) and Gregory Infante (White Sox) are top arms for the World Team.

Nevermind that Trout is not playing anymore, but I laughed hysterically upon reading the Infante part.

Let's go Dayan!! According to Phil Rogers, Dayan is batting clean-up for the World team.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 07:12 PM)
Vizcaino of the Braves system looked amazing

Oh my goodness. You got that right. I smell a 90's-like run from the Braves on the horizon very soon. I thoroughly enjoyed this game. I don't know what it is with me and prospects. Game went too damn fast.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 11, 2011 -> 01:33 PM)
I was blown away by the overall talent level in this game. It really was well played. Saw nothing to dislike with Viciedo, as he took his same ferocious swings and definitely has a nice presence at the plate.

He fought off a couple good pitches in his first AB that I liked before he went down on a poor swing outside.

I don't know where else to post this- does anyone know if we have a player named to the AAA All-Star Game in Salt Lake City on the 13th? I imagine I would have seen a write-up or tweet about it by now if we did but I'm just wondering if anyone else has seen something.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 13, 2011 -> 08:47 PM)
Stephan Gartrell also and he won the AAA HR derby. It's on right now on MLB network.

So of our 5 AAA OF, 1 is our top prospect, 2 others have MLB experience and are mashing, one is a defensive wizard, and the last won the AAA HR Derby.

All while we have the Albatrios and Slappy.

Also, could Lindsay be our missing right handed reliever? Him or Infante?