GreatFalls.jpg

SP: Walters (1-0, 4.50)

Box Score

Bristol White Sox

BristolWhiteSox2.GIF

SP: Icard (0-2, 10.80)

Box Score

Edited by LayelBurton

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 06:13 PM)
Why is Shoemaker still at Kanny? Really irritating, especially with KW Jr.. taking up a roster spot at Birmingham which he has done nothing to earn.

Shoemaker isn't a prospect, way too old for the level he's playing at, that isn't to say that KW2 is a prospect. Also, Shoemaker's father isn't the GM of the Sox, if he was, then Shoemaker would probably be taking up a spot in B ham

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 08:23 PM)
Shoemaker isn't a prospect, way too old for the level he's playing at, that isn't to say that KW2 is a prospect.

He is technically a prospect. Not his fault he's rotting in low A when he raking (or as you said.. the politics). He is 24. Usually the ending/cut off of a "prospects" age (depending on who you ask) is 25-26. He might not be a top prospect (one of those guys you keep an eye on), but he is a prospect. Hell, he is one year older than Kevan Smith who was drafted this year and is in Bristol. (who I, as well as others here, like alot) As terrible as Bradley Salgado is (and yes I'm being harsh on him) he is still a prospect cause of his age. Goes both streets.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (OilCan @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 08:44 PM)
Jared Mitchell...so far for July...

.359/.468/.718/1.186

18Ks in 39 ABs.

I hope something clicks and he can cut the K's, as striking out at such a clip isn't going to allow him any sort of success.

Edited by DirtySox

Great Falls wins a close one 4-3 over the Helena Brewers. Keenyn Walker started off the second game in a row with a double, this one down the left field line. Other than that, nothing else exciting. He played really shallow in center and paid for it once on a line drive to straight away center. Overall his fielding wasn't too impressive, lacked some fire out there. The couple base hits that did get through to him, he really didn't seem to concerned with getting the ball and getting it back in quickly. Michael Earley (DH) had a good game going 2 for 4 with and RBI, raising his team leading average to .373. Starter Blair Walters got the win going 6 innings with 5 hits, 2 Ks, and 2 earned runs. Joe Dvorsky pitched the last two innings garnering the save while giving up one hit and striking out 5. Dvorsky has pitched 9.1 innning over 6 apperances this year giving up only one run on 8 hits while striking out 15 with an ERA of .096.

QUOTE (OilCan @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 08:44 PM)
Jared Mitchell...so far for July...

.359/.468/.718/1.186

18Ks in 39 ABs.

His BABIP must be .750 this month. I won't get excited about Mitchell in the least until he cuts that K-rate down considerably and starts to display some of that speed that had scouts saying he was the "best athlete in the draft."

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 09:48 PM)
His BABIP must be .750 this month. I won't get excited about Mitchell in the least until he cuts that K-rate down considerably and starts to display some of that speed that had scouts saying he was the "best athlete in the draft."

It's .632 lol, but in fairness half of his hits are for extra bases.

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 06:59 PM)
Nathan Jones has been really, really good for the last month plus.

JPN, is the scouting report on him still the same? 95+ mph sinker and a power curve?

Haven't gotten a chance to see him recently. The last time was right before his DL stint and he looked like s***. Fastball was only touching 92.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 08:13 PM)
Why is Shoemaker still at Kanny? Really irritating, especially with KW Jr.. taking up a roster spot at Birmingham which he has done nothing to earn.

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 08:23 PM)
Shoemaker isn't a prospect, way too old for the level he's playing at, that isn't to say that KW2 is a prospect. Also, Shoemaker's father isn't the GM of the Sox, if he was, then Shoemaker would probably be taking up a spot in B ham

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 08:37 PM)
He is technically a prospect. Not his fault he's rotting in low A when he raking (or as you said.. the politics). He is 24. Usually the ending/cut off of a "prospects" age (depending on who you ask) is 25-26. He might not be a top prospect (one of those guys you keep an eye on), but he is a prospect. Hell, he is one year older than Kevan Smith who was drafted this year and is in Bristol. (who I, as well as others here, like alot) As terrible as Bradley Salgado is (and yes I'm being harsh on him) he is still a prospect cause of his age. Goes both streets.

I'm reminded of the wise words of the great Walter Sobchak..."This is what happens, Kenny! This is what happens when you f*** someone (pause) in the a**!"

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 08:37 PM)

"As terrible as Bradley Salgago is"? How can you call a young player (19) who is fresh out of high school, knocked the cover off the ball all spring and has oustanding defense "terrible"? You obviously don't know too much about him or you would know what he is capable of. Yes, his avg is not what it should be right now but he puts his bat on the ball almost every at bat and during this last losing (2 and 5) road trip, brought his average up 40 points. He's young, plays with guys 3-5 yrs older than him, has no college ball experience and is the starting shortstop. Probably not "terrible".

QUOTE (newsoxfan @ Jul 11, 2011 -> 03:51 PM)
"As terrible as Bradley Salgago is"? How can you call a young player (19) who is fresh out of high school, knocked the cover off the ball all spring and has oustanding defense "terrible"? You obviously don't know too much about him or you would know what he is capable of. Yes, his avg is not what it should be right now but he puts his bat on the ball almost every at bat and during this last losing (2 and 5) road trip, brought his average up 40 points. He's young, plays with guys 3-5 yrs older than him, has no college ball experience and is the starting shortstop. Probably not "terrible".

I'm pretty sure SoxAce just meant he hasn't performed well in games as a pro, but he is still a prospect because of his age and other things you eluded to.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jul 11, 2011 -> 04:00 PM)
I'm pretty sure SoxAce just meant he hasn't performed well in games as a pro, but he is still a prospect because of his age and other things you eluded to.

Exactly. And glad you have watched him newsoxfan. So far those spring training games haven't gone well in performance for two years, but like I said.. he's still very young.

QUOTE (newsoxfan @ Jul 11, 2011 -> 03:51 PM)

I was in Bristol this past weekend and saw him play. He is an outstanding defensive shortstop.

Edited by BriSox28

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jul 11, 2011 -> 04:00 PM)

Ok, I will give him the benefit of the doubt. However, there is a big difference between saying how "terrible he is" and saying that he is not performing well at the plate. You know how stats are though, they never tell the whole story which is why I said that SoxAce didn't really know much about him.