Sox versus Tigers Game Thread

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Jul 14, 2011 -> 04:42 PM)
And there's precedent for big second half rebounds from guys like that. Albert Belle in his first year with the Sox, and Big Papi in '09 and '10 come to mind.

C'mon Donkey, we need you!

Paul Konerko has done it a couple of times.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 14, 2011 -> 04:11 PM)
John Kruk believes the player to watch in the 2nd half is Adam Dunn. He thinks he's going to hit 20 HR's and drive in 60 these last 2.5 months. LOL

I am happy for John Kruk and that job he has at ESPN BBTN. :notworthy :lolhitting

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 14, 2011 -> 06:51 PM)
Just watched Baseball Tonight's preview of the AL in the 2nd half, and Doug Glanville said the White Sox are the team to watch, and that Adam Dunn will break out of this and turn his season around.

I hope the Sox prove him and Kruk right

What bugs me is this is a HUGE mismatch on paper and Detroit likely will, as expected, beat us 7-0 or 7-1 if we are lucky.

s***, it could be a no-hitter or one hitter.

But when we had Peavy against that Twins softthrowing nobody, it was all in OUR favor, but no...

we got smoked.

Sad season.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 14, 2011 -> 11:00 PM)
I hope the Sox prove him and Kruk right

The only way Dunn is going to turn this around, IMO, is change his approach.

His bat speed is very slow and he rarely puts the ball in play.

Lighter bat and change the funky bat bending behind his back.

No way he will do either, so I predict no change in Dunn the second half.

Please, please Ozzie bat him seventh (I'd prefer eighth but I realize no way in hell that would happen).

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 15, 2011 -> 12:14 AM)
The only way Dunn is going to turn this around, IMO, is change his approach.

His bat speed is very slow and he rarely puts the ball in play.

Lighter bat and change the funky bat bending behind his back.

No way he will do either, so I predict no change in Dunn the second half.

Please, please Ozzie bat him seventh (I'd prefer eighth but I realize no way in hell that would happen).

Totally agree on your item #3.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 15, 2011 -> 09:52 AM)
Over/under on number of hits off of Verlander has been set to 5.

I would go with 3 myself.

The Tigers will score more runs than the Sox will have base runners and I would not be surprised if the Tigers score less than 5 runs.

Hey the Twins are only 6 back. Another season where the White Sox single handidly give them the Central division crown.....unless they give it to the Tigers first.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 15, 2011 -> 09:52 AM)
Over/under on number of hits off of Verlander has been set to 5.

In his last 9 starts, he is averaging 5.1 hits allowed per start. With this offense slumping, I probably have to go under.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jul 15, 2011 -> 04:32 PM)
I would go with 3 myself.

The Tigers will score more runs than the Sox will have base runners and I would not be surprised if the Tigers score less than 5 runs.

Hey the Twins are only 6 back. Another season where the White Sox single handidly give them the Central division crown.....unless they give it to the Tigers first.

I think he may throw a no hitter, but I'll go with 2 hits. I can't imagine who will get them, though.

I'd say maybe Beckham gets a hit, and maybe Juan in his first at bat before no more for Juan.

I wouldn't think we'd score a run.

The Sox certainly have been the ones to right the Twins' ship. Although they have won five in a row I think vs. KC as well. Them sweeping that 4 gamer in KC was big. It's hard to believe a team as far back as the Twins were, have a great shot at winning it if they can beat Detroit head to head.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 15, 2011 -> 02:25 PM)
Every year at the all-star break, by the time it's about over, I'm itching for some White Sox baseball......not this year.

I hope the Sox go 4-8 the next 12, and get this s*** over with.

I hope they turn it around but i've definitely begun looking forward to the NFL/NCAAF/NCAAB seasons much earlier than I normally do

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 15, 2011 -> 02:43 PM)
I hope they turn it around but i've definitely begun looking forward to the NFL/NCAAF/NCAAB seasons much earlier than I normally do

Then you might have some extra worries...

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 15, 2011 -> 01:25 PM)
Every year at the all-star break, by the time it's about over, I'm itching for some White Sox baseball......not this year.

I hope the Sox go 4-8 the next 12, and get this s*** over with.

It'll be much more fun if they go 8-4 or 9-3, but if I had to guess, i'd say that everyone in the central comes out of the gates and goes about 6-6.. so we have to continue this "will they, won't they" game.

QUOTE (ChrisLikesBaseball @ Jul 15, 2011 -> 12:54 PM)
It'll be much more fun if they go 8-4 or 9-3, but if I had to guess, i'd say that everyone in the central comes out of the gates and goes about 6-6.. so we have to continue this "will they, won't they" game.

And Ozzie will say he still likes his mix, and KW will be afraid of making even the most minor roster or coaching move to avoid upsetting an applecart that needs to be lit on fire, and DV and de Aza will continue to rot in Charlotte until it's too late for them to make a difference.

MOST.INFURIATING.SEASON.EVER.

QUOTE (Cali @ Jul 15, 2011 -> 03:44 PM)
I actually want 3-9, but 6-6 is more likely just to keep the status quo intact for KW and Ozzie to keep the same corpse-mix on the field....

Under no circumstances other than maybe a 10-2 run can I envision KW standing pat.