Ray Durham signed with the San Francisco Giants

mac9001

there's room for better on this team. Ray was a good baserunner, Not much more then that though. He fell asleep in the field ALOT. And was selfish many times at the plate trying to hit a homer when he should have been hitting the ball on the ground or walking. I wouldnt mind seeing him at DH when crede, borchard, magss and konerko are all hitting close to .300, but not now.

Well isnt that nice ....... I used to joke about Lofton looking like Bobby Raburn and well there he is and now Durham , Funny , Pitts. Sox and the San Fran Sox , you see the NL is week and they love players like these , so i say , so what to the trade , he twice removed from THE SOX !!!!!!!!

Originally posted by JoeBatters

Well isnt that nice ....... I used to joke about Lofton looking like Bobby Raburn and well there he is and now Durham , Funny , Pitts. Sox and the San Fran Sox , you see the NL is week and they love players like these , so i say , so what to the trade , he twice removed from THE SOX !!!!!!!!

hey joey whats up???...and are you stoned:D...i cant make heads or tails of what you just posted...or maybe im stoned:cool:

Originally posted by CubKilla
Originally posted by RedPinStripes                                        I wouldnt mind seeing him at DH when crede, borchard, magss and konerko are all hitting close to .300, but not now. 

Huh? :P

Who said a dh had to be big and slow? Oakland used him the right way.

This makes me realize how much we could use ray for another year or two at least, give our other dudes time to develop. We probably couldve even used him in the future, with him and willie as the middle of our infield. I wouldve rather got rid of valentine then get rid of durham.

I miss you Ray

Even tho I love Ray as much as any of you, I doubt we had room for him. We Valentin at short, Crede at third and Jiminez at second. Our management knows Val is a team leader and they never would trade him. He couldnt move to third because of Crede and ya cant just push a top prospect like Jiminez outta the way. At first they thought we were gonna have Harris but hes kinda outta the picture too now that DJ is here.

Well, Ill always miss Ray-Ray! Good luck wherever he goes!

Originally posted by theoldroman

Even tho I love Ray as much as any of you, I doubt we had room for him. We Valentin at short, Crede at third and Jiminez at second. Our management knows Val is a team leader and they never would trade him. He couldnt move to third because of Crede and ya cant just push a top prospect like Jiminez outta the way. At first they thought we were gonna have Harris but hes kinda outta the picture too now that DJ is here. 

jiminez isnt a top prospect anymore...he is the one of the biggest question marks on this team

Originally posted by baggio202

jiminez isnt a top prospect anymore...he is the one of the biggest question marks on this team

Jiminez is the mad, dude! He is so ready to take over fulltime at second. Last year, in 27 games with us, he had a homerun, 11 RBIs, 22 runs, a .287 BA and a .384 OBP. Those are excellent numbers. He will definitely be starting at second next year unless he screws up horribly in ST and lets Hummel pass him up on the depth chart, which is not likely.

Jiminez is the mad, dude! He is so ready to take over fulltime at second. Last year, in 27 games with us, he had a homerun, 11 RBIs, 22 runs, a .287 BA and a .384 OBP. Those are excellent numbers. He will definitely be starting at second next year unless he screws up horribly in ST and lets Hummel pass him up on the depth chart, which is not likely.

27 sept games doesnt make a guy the next coming of lou brock...jiminez could just as easily find himself demoted to charlotte as he could end up being "the mad" as you say...therefore it makes him a huge question mark...but lets hope you are right

Jiminez is the man, dude! He is so ready to take over fulltime at second. Last year, in 27 games with us, he had a homerun, 11 RBIs, 22 runs, a .287 BA and a .384 OBP. Those are excellent numbers. He will definitely be starting at second next year unless he screws up horribly in ST and lets Hummel pass him up on the depth chart, which is not likely.

27 sept games doesnt make a guy the next coming of lou brock...jiminez could just as easily find himself demoted to charlotte as he could end up being "the mad" as you say...therefore it makes him a huge question mark...but lets hope you are right

Oops, I meant "the man". But anyhow, I think he will be good. Ive liked him and wanted him in a Sox uniform ever since he was with the Yankees. Just my opinion.

And, no, Im not Kenny Williams...

Guest hotsoxchick1

man my heart just jumped into my stomach reading this stuff.. when you said dj old roman i almost fell out of my chair thinking you meant dj as in darrin jackson...i thoguht what the hell is he coming out of the booth for.. he cant even play the infield lol.... omg.........i think joey left a few fumes when he was in here lol....anyhow your version of dj oldroman had better keep his s*** together with guys like miles and hummel barking at the door......he may find himself in the unemployment line too soon........