Sox @ Indians 7/22/11 Gamethread

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (klaus kinski @ Jul 22, 2011 -> 11:45 AM)
They will outhit us-just no sense of confidence anymore.

And the Indians have a ton of confidence....which multiplies if they can take at least 2 of 3. We need at least 2 of these games, and they have to be big victories, none of this wimpy eeking out bull s*** most of their wins have been lately

QUOTE (onedude @ Jul 22, 2011 -> 11:54 AM)
And the Indians have a ton of confidence....which multiplies if they can take at least 2 of 3. We need at least 2 of these games, and they have to be big victories, none of this wimpy eeking out bull s*** most of their wins have been lately

Cleveland is the one team in the Central the Sox have done well against. I think they take at least 2 out of 3. Its amazing, but the Sox are one good week away from being serious contenders again.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 22, 2011 -> 01:54 PM)
Cleveland is the one team in the Central the Sox have done well against. I think they take at least 2 out of 3. Its amazing, but the Sox are one good week away from being serious contenders again.

which says more about the weakness of the division than the play of the Sox. It also feels like we have been saying that for about 5 or 6 weeks now

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 22, 2011 -> 01:54 PM)

Or they are one bad week away from being done. It is amazing how a team can be so consistently mediocre for 100 games.

Cleveland...the place where we actually got off to a good start. I hope this stumble in KC was just that. The Sox were playing better against the Tigers to open the 2nd half, should've taken at least 2 of 3 in KC. LETS GET THIS TRAIN BACK ON TRACK!!

Adam Dunn - MY PTC b****ES!!

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 22, 2011 -> 01:59 PM)
which says more about the weakness of the division than the play of the Sox. It also feels like we have been saying that for about 5 or 6 weeks now

Of course. Imagine how big of idotsOzzie and KW would be if the Sox were in the AL East? I still am trying to figure out why Adam Dunn is batting 4th. Even Frank Thomas was dropped down in the line up when he struggled, and he never struggled like Dunn is.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 22, 2011 -> 02:03 PM)
Or they are one bad week away from being done. It is amazing how a team can be so consistently mediocre for 100 games.

It would make you conclude its a mediocre team, but if you're a mediocre team, the AL Central isn't a bad place to be.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 22, 2011 -> 02:18 PM)
It would make you conclude its a mediocre team, but if you're a mediocre team, the AL Central isn't a bad place to be.

the worst part is they have a really good record against teams over .500. They might actually be contenders in the East.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 22, 2011 -> 02:37 PM)
the worst part is they have a really good record against teams over .500. They might actually be contenders in the East.

I wouldn't go that far. They haven't played as many teams over .500.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 22, 2011 -> 02:51 PM)
I wouldn't go that far. They haven't played as many teams over .500.

Yes, Ozzie this team is about to miraculously start hitting with the same f*cking lineup that just laid down for one run in 11 innings 48 hour ago. Keep running those losers out there. It's all about to magically happen.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jul 22, 2011 -> 03:15 PM)
Yes, Ozzie this team is about to miraculously start hitting with the same f*cking lineup that just laid down for one run in 11 innings 48 hour ago. Keep running those losers out there. It's all about to magically happen.

No he isn't. Adam Dunn and Mark Teahen are here to save the day!