Sox @ Indians 7/24/11 Gamethread

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jul 23, 2011 -> 11:57 PM)
Good luck boys against Masterson. The guy was designed to stifle the Sox with that nasty sinker.

Will Dayan Viciedo be in the house to play "Smack a Sinker"?

Probably not, but one can hope.

How great would this be for a change:

LF Pierre

SS A. Rameriz

1B Paul Konerko

RF Carlos

C AJ

DH Dayan

3B Teahen

2B Beckham

CF Rios

--

Now there's a line we'll NEVER see. ;)

--

Forecast has thunder storms / rain starting at 10am and continuing all day / night tomorrow.

Come on - I need me some Sox Ball!

Edited by hi8is

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 11:13 AM)
So Humber's getting his start skipped. Doesn't sound like he's too happy about it. Too bad we don't skip our worst pitcher instead of the guy who's been our best this year.

Humber is at a record number of IP for his career and is showing signs of having his arm fall off. Too f***ing bad.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 04:13 PM)
So Humber's getting his start skipped. Doesn't sound like he's too happy about it. Too bad we don't skip our worst pitcher instead of the guy who's been our best this year.

I am sure Phil wants to be doing battle, but it seems he understands what the Sox are doing and said he is fine with it. Or at least that's the story I read

QUOTE (FlySox87 @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 04:41 PM)
Are we gonna play this one today? I'm gonna be pissed if my weekend doesn't have any White Sox baseball.

Me too. I was sitting in front of the TV last night expecting to see the Sox game on WGN and instead had to watch another Boston game

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 12:22 PM)
Humber is at a record number of IP for his career and is showing signs of having his arm fall off. Too f***ing bad.

If he's annoyed, then he can take his frustration out by throwing better curve balls.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 01:12 PM)
Yeah WTF happened to Dunn's power?

You remember that ball that Carlos Pena murdered right around May 1 that went to the warning track? We were both watching that game, against Arizona I think? Suddenly right after that his power came back. Just hoping for a similar Dunn recovery.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 05:14 PM)
You remember that ball that Carlos Pena murdered right around May 1 that went to the warning track? We were both watching that game, against Arizona I think? Suddenly right after that his power came back. Just hoping for a similar Dunn recovery.

You mean when we started joking Pena must have gotten another PED shipment? :lolhitting

Good call though, Dunn's definitely swinging better. Just need him to let it rip