Sox @ Indians 7/24/11 Gamethread

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 06:38 PM)
Do you actually believe that's going to happen with Dunn or Rios? Is 100+ games not enough?

Rios is finished, IMO. Dunn's at least shown signs of putting together good at bats.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 02:40 PM)
WellDunn hit the ball but I don't have TV so what was that error all about?

High fly ball to the warning track in CF, should have been an easy catch but the CF didn't have his sunglasses on so he lost sight of it on the way down and it bounced off of his glove.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 12:40 PM)
WellDunn hit the ball but I don't have TV so what was that error all about?

Carrera sprinted back to the track, settled under it, and just dropped it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 12:39 PM)
With Dunn, it will happen. You're talking about 100 games, I am talking about 1500 games.

Unless he's done. Is anyone really certain at this point? Sure hope you're right.

At any rate, bench Rios yesterday. Morel to Charlotte where he can get some AB's, and let's see if we have anything in De Aza.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 02:42 PM)
Was it the sun that caused him to drop it? Looked more like he got his feet tangled up when he turned around.

He did get his feet tangled up but that's because he was struggling to see. He was shuffling his feet and squinting trying to get under the ball.

The way he looked back up at the sun right after missing it tells you everything. He lost it because of the sun, it bounced off his glove, and he looked right back up at the sun in the "how did I miss that" moment.