Sox @ Indians 7/24/11 Gamethread

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 09:01 PM)
Wow I have to reassess my feelings bout Omar.

Great play to save a run for sure and maybe the game.

Sergio was failing.

Thanks for the gift, Cleveland, we'll take it.

The Omar man can still pick it. That ain't no gift win Greg

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 04:05 PM)
I would prefer we kept our starting pitching intact, but certain that just won't happen

This 6 man rotation has been stressful on the rest of the roster the whole time its existed.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 08:04 PM)
The Omar man can still pick it. That ain't no gift win Greg

That's true.

I'll take the dropped by ball on Adam's pathetic high deep fly.

There's the payback for Juan's dropped fly in April.

Our pitchers deserve the win, so it's not a total gift I agree. Our pitching is usually very very good

and was again today.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 03:01 PM)
How hard will Rongey drive home this was some kind of "gift" win in the post-game show? He's such a negative nancy.

Lol, I can't think better word to describe this game than being a gift. Masterson was masterful against us. Our offense was bad, and Edwin somehow skated by hanging pitches all day and having bad control, yet allowed only 2 runs. If not for that terrible error in CF by the Indians and O-Cab's error, it's a 2-1 Indians win. We were handed this game, and luckily Sergio did not give it back, because he had NOTHING today.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 04:25 PM)
Lol, I can't think better word to describe this game than being a gift. Masterson was masterful against us. Our offense was bad, and Edwin somehow skated by hanging pitches all day and having bad control, yet allowed only 2 runs. If not for that terrible error in CF by the Indians and O-Cab's error, it's a 2-1 Indians win. We were handed this game, and luckily Sergio did not give it back, because he had NOTHING today.

Masterson was no more masterful than Jackson was. Both of them gave the other team plenty of pitches to hit, but neither side really took advantage of them.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 03:30 PM)
Masterson was no more masterful than Jackson was. Both of them gave the other team plenty of pitches to hit, but neither side really took advantage of them.

:lolhitting

Masterson's #'s for today:

7.0 IP

1 ER, 4H, 1BB

ERA 1.28

WHIP 0.71

K/9 7.7

Jackson

6.0 IP

2 ER, 5H, 3BB

ERA 3.00

WHIP 1.33

K/9 4.5

wanna know why we couldnt hit his fastball? because that f***er moves a LOT and he pitches with command to both sides of the plate, his strikeout to konerko was masterful

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 10:53 PM)
Omar Vizquel is everything right about baseball.

Great point. He's just a little too old to be playing too much.

Great great play today, though. It arguably saved the game cause if Serg gives up that run we mighta lost on a walk off.