Colby Rasmus Trade Rumor

OilCan

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 10:13 AM)
Personally I think in two years Rasmus is going to be a stud. I would love to have him on our team. Rios, however, will be an awful bat for a RF.

On the other hand, I would not trade Carlos for Beachy, who has limited upside and is likely to be a #4 or #3 starter at best. Carlos is far and away one of our two best hitters right now. Saying that we have a suitable replacement in Dayan is not persuasive to me. We need both guys in the lineup to have a chance because we have so many other below average hitters. In addition, it is far from proven that Dayan can match Carlos' production.

I'd rather take Beachy's #3 starter potential for 5 more years than have Quentin for one more.

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 10:15 AM)
I'd rather take Beachy's #3 starter potential for 5 more years than have Quentin for one more.

This, though Dan Hudson was a much better prospect/pitcher comming out, who we also could have kept for 5 more years.

Alright lemme stop beating a dead horse now. ;)

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 10:35 AM)
This, though Dan Hudson was a much better prospect/pitcher comming out, who we also could have kept for 5 more years.

Alright lemme stop beating a dead horse now. ;)

I don't remember seeing any scouting report that had Hudson as better than a #3 starter.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 10:36 AM)
I don't remember seeing any scouting report that had Hudson as better than a #3 starter.

That was his upside, though most also said #4. (same with Beachy) Their numbers in the minors (esp. in the IL) are nearly similar (Huddy had a better WHIP, K/9, BB/9, H/9. Beachy better ERA)

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 09:32 AM)
Buster_ESPN Buster Olney

No matter what happens with Colby Rasmus in the next five days, he's been devalued by the events of the last 10 days. It's too bad.

That's good news for the Sox

Buster_ESPN Buster Olney

No matter what happens with Colby Rasmus in the next five days, he's been devalued by the events of the last 10 days. It's too bad.

How has he been devalued? He's playing pretty well?!

Edited by bucket-of-suck

jcrasnick Jerry Crasnick

Some baseball execs think Colby Rasmus & BJ Upton are better offseason trade candidates because universe of suitors would be larger #trades

Both players have talent, but are they going to be "impact'' bats for contenders in a pennant race? #rays #stlcardinals #trades

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 01:00 PM)
jcrasnick Jerry Crasnick

Some baseball execs think Colby Rasmus & BJ Upton are better offseason trade candidates because universe of suitors would be larger #trades

Both players have talent, but are they going to be "impact'' bats for contenders in a pennant race? #rays #stlcardinals #trades

Thanks for working all these tweets into this thread BTW. It makes it so easy to stay up to date. :notworthy

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 01:04 PM)
So, the question is,...does acquiring Rasmus fall into a "buyers" or "sellers" category for the White Sox...? I suppose it depends on who they give up.

I think it doesn't qualify as either honestly. It is dealing strength for strength.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 12:58 PM)
Buster_ESPN Buster Olney

How has he been devalued? He's playing pretty well?!

His team/manager doesn't want him

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/07/card...mus-widely.html

Cardinals Shopping Colby Rasmus

By Tim Dierkes [July 26 at 12:04pm CST]

An AL official told Joel Sherman of the New York Post that the Cardinals "are definitely shopping" center fielder Colby Rasmus, despite public denials. The official says the Cards "are asking for a ton." Danny Knobler of CBS Sports agrees, tweeting that the Cards are shopping Rasmus widely. Knobler notes that the Nationals had a scout in St. Louis last night.

The White Sox and Rays have also been linked to Rasmus, but earlier this month GM John Mozeliak said a trade is "highly unlikely." The Mariners have also inquired, tweets Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports, and Knobler notes that the Giants have watched Rasmus as a possible Carlos Beltran backup plan.

Even in a down year, the 24-year-old Rasmus is hitting .245/.332/.421 on the season. He's under team control through 2014.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 01:36 PM)
If I had to bet Id say the Sox arent getting him.

If the Sox make any moves it would be small ones (ie thornton).

I hope trading Matt Thornton is more than a small move...