Colby Rasmus Trade Rumor

OilCan

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 12:23 PM)
If we did acquire Rasmus, I can guarantee that Rios would not be kept in CF.

agreed. i would do matt and edwin for colby, we need a cf and he was a pretty productive hitter as a 23yr old

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 01:26 PM)
I'd do that in a heartbeat.

Sale is just 22 years old who is the only pitcher in our system with ace potential to go along with 3 plus pitches at a young age. I wouldn't want to get rid of a player of the caliber just to dump off Rios.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 05:30 PM)
Sale is just 22 years old who is the only pitcher in our system with ace potential to go along with 3 plus pitches at a young age. I wouldn't want to get rid of a player of the caliber just to dump off Rios.

I think Rios' contract is just too much of a killer to our payroll the next 3 years.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 12:29 PM)
This sounds like an exact description of Alex Rios.

except that rios is no longer a Cf, he has proven that he will never reach his so called potential and he is grossly overpaid

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 01:33 PM)
I think Rios' contract is just too much of a killer to our payroll the next 3 years.

Yeah I completely agree, we can only hope that Rios can bounce back for next yr.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 01:40 PM)
Still need to remove another starter after that.

I'd say Floyd gets moved and Sale gets inserted into the rotation. But that becomes less likely if Thornton gets dealt for Rasmus. I hope Sox aren't f***ing up with Sale's development and stashing him as a setup man of the future which would be really stupid.

Edited by kapzk

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 01:41 PM)
I'd say Floyd gets moved and Sale gets inserted into the rotation. But that becomes less likely if Thornton gets dealt for Rasmus. I hope Sox are f***ing up with Sale's development and stashing him as a setup man of the future which would be really stupid.

Hell, moving Sale into the rotation would require removing 2 starters.

Any1 else think Sale's development into his full potential is getting hindered. I know a few think it already is with him in the bullpen this year. But its really looking like we are just gonna keep stunting his development by keeping him in the bullpen forever.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 01:45 PM)
Any1 else think Sale's development into his full potential is getting hindered. I know a few think it already is with him in the bullpen this year. But its really looking like we are just gonna keep stunting his development by keeping him in the bullpen forever.

I'm still as in-between as Adam Dunn on that issue. Sale really struggled to get his release point down early in the season and was as wild as you can be because of it. That was bad. He's not getting innings, that's bad (I still hope they AFL him). But, lately at least, he's been effectively getting people out. He pitched what, 3+ innings in that extra inning affair in KC and was really effective, even with the offspeed stuff, until he finally tired out and lost the control.