Colby Rasmus Trade Rumor

OilCan

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 12:45 PM)
Any1 else think Sale's development into his full potential is getting hindered. I know a few think it already is with him in the bullpen this year. But its really looking like we are just gonna keep stunting his development by keeping him in the bullpen forever.

I'd rather take two decent seasons out of Sale as a starter (before his inevitable injury) rather than four decent seasons as a reliever (before his inevitable injury). The goal should always be extracting the most value out of a player as possible. Filling in bullpen pieces will always be much easier than starters.

They're thinking of value to our team and perhaps to others looking at him as a rotation piece. Of course they're hindering his development, but I don't believe he'll ever be an option for us unless there's some ridiculous set of injuries.

Rasmus is a bit of a douchebag. Talented guy but doesn't love to play and will drive Sox fans crazy with his lack of any kind of intensity. Just coasts through the game. The Cards are hoping the Sox are focusing on Colby's 2010 season. If they are asking E-JAX + Thornton + prospects that is too much.

DO NOT overpay for him.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 01:00 PM)
Rasmus is a bit of a douchebag. Talented guy but doesn't love to play and will drive Sox fans crazy with his lack of any kind of intensity. Just coasts through the game. The Cards are hoping the Sox are focusing on Colby's 2010 season. If they are asking E-JAX + Thornton + prospects that is too much.

DO NOT overpay for him.

EJ is a type B FA, Thornton is a 8th inning guy only and money he is making he can go he cannot close. I agree prospect better be mid level and IF it is that is a fair deal for the #3 prospect in baseball 2 years ago. Rasmus hates LaRussa and change of scenery would be good for all involved.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 12:04 PM)
EJ is a type B FA, Thornton is a 8th inning guy only and money he is making he can go he cannot close. I agree prospect better be mid level and IF it is that is a fair deal for the #3 prospect in baseball 2 years ago. Rasmus hates LaRussa and change of scenery woulf be good for all involved.

FWIW LaRussa is linked with the White Sox next year, if Ozzie goes to Marlins.. as Phil Rogers reports.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 10:59 AM)
If you could somehow move Rios's contract, wouldn't you move Viciedo with it?

s*** no. By the time Rios' contract is up Dayan will only be, what, 25? I'd rather see Dayan flourish under the Sox (this is of course with a different manager/hitting coach etc.) than watch him do so somewhere else. Even if it means Rios is with the Sox. I don't see them being very competitive in the next 3 years anyway.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 01:06 PM)
FWIW LaRussa is linked with the White Sox next year, if Ozzie goes to Marlins.. as Phil Rogers reports.

Rogers is the no all beat all................I would not worry about who the manager is next year. I will take this anyday .859 OPS last year (as a 23 year old); 2009 Baseball America #3 prospect overall....................... Ability to play center field.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (FlySox87 @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 12:46 PM)
The only decent player in our farm system.

That's ridiculous. The hype around Viciedo is out of control. You have barely seen the guy play and his most productive time came in meaningless September games and you call him the best hitter since Frank? To say he is better than Konerko is insulting and there are plenty of other guys who he will have a very difficult time matching.

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 02:17 PM)
That's ridiculous. The hype around Viciedo is out of control. You have barely seen the guy play and his most productive time came in meaningless September games and you call him the best hitter since Frank? To say he is better than Konerko is insulting and there are plenty of other guys who he will have a very difficult time matching.

People were saying things like that about him before he ever played a game in this org.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 02:22 PM)
Disagree, this year the hype has escalated waaaay high.

I think that's only true in the sense that people want him up to replace the garbage in our OF.

The Hype around him coming in was massive. People were expecting him to be up as a 19/20 year old doing what Miguel Cabrera did

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 01:04 PM)
EJ is a type B FA, Thornton is a 8th inning guy only and money he is making he can go he cannot close. I agree prospect better be mid level and IF it is that is a fair deal for the #3 prospect in baseball 2 years ago. Rasmus hates LaRussa and change of scenery would be good for all involved.

Is that a fact?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 01:28 PM)
Which would make him the third best hitter on the team...I'll take it!

well thats not saying much, comparing him to frank and cabrera is moronic

If they got this guy, Rios will be on waivers if he isn't already. I wonder if they would tell Rios not to show up anymore?

With Jake Peavy, that 6 man rotation can change to 5 over night.

I don't think the Cardinals want to take on a lot more payroll. Isn't Pujols' contract up soon?

Outside of a pitcher, I can't see any other outside players with a lot of potential ever reaching their in this organization.

I wouldn't do this...Edwin + Matt are worth more than another problem child.

I still think we owe it to ourselves to ride Edwin out and win this division.

My guess is if it gets done it will be Matt and a minor leaguer not named Viciedo.

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 05:18 PM)
Edwin Jackson for Rasmus maybe. Get Rasmus and that means Rios and or Pierre are gone. We still need the spot for Viciedo, if they keep him in the OF that is. Maybe he goes to third anyway?

Jackson for Rasmus would be fine.

Sox will probably overpay.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 01:06 PM)

He's been linked to this organization every time his contract is up.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 01:35 PM)
I wouldn't do this...Edwin + Matt are worth more than another problem child.

I still think we owe it to ourselves to ride Edwin out and win this division.

My guess is if it gets done it will be Matt and a minor leaguer not named Viciedo.

i dont see us winning the division with this offense.

but this trade isnt happening anyways

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 01:42 PM)
i dont see us winning the division with this offense.

but this trade isnt happening anyways

Well Edwin and Thornton for Rasmus is silly. Edwin is going to be worth quite a bit starting tomorrow morning, with this pitching market.