Big Series vs Tigers

prospectguy

QUOTE (prospectguy @ Jul 25, 2011 -> 12:21 PM)
Just a quick preview if you want to check it out.

http://detroitbaseballpage.com/tiger-headl...ite-sox-preview

Read the rest of that blogger for reports on Detroit farm system and their predicted trade of Rios, Short, Morel and Quentin for Soriono, Fukedome and Aramis R.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 25, 2011 -> 06:13 PM)
So if the Sox win 2 out of 3, KW is a buyer and if they lose 2 out of 3 he's a seller?

If the Sox somehow manage to win the division would this have been the most unenjoyable division winning season in history?

That depends on how they would do in the playoffs. Lets get hot at the right time (that time being now and carry it for 3 months!).

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 25, 2011 -> 06:13 PM)
So if the Sox win 2 out of 3, KW is a buyer and if they lose 2 out of 3 he's a seller?

If the Sox somehow manage to win the division would this have been the most unenjoyable division winning season in history?

If the Sox end up winning the division, it will mean they had a good August and September. By the time they get down to the end of the season, meaningful games the last two weeks will make the pain of the first half go away. But they have to make the playoffs.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 25, 2011 -> 04:13 PM)

Good question but I say hell no. I think if they manage to overcome the awful start and win this division it will be very satisfying. 05 was more a sense of relief with very guarded optimism for the playoffs after the dismal finish. I don't remember feeling very good about our chances in 08 but the joy of 163 made it easier to swallow. But I love this pitching staff, and if it can keep it up (tall task) then I like our chances to compete with any team. But we need a run, the kind of streak that instills confidence and defines the season.

Edited by The Ginger Kid