Tigers @ Sox 7/26/11 Gamethread

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so who do we want to replace Ozzie?

It's gonna be a former player, so I'm guessing Fisk. Frank will be hitting coach, Ventura the bench coach. Coop and Baines will stay. A wolverine high on angel dust would work as 3B coach.

QUOTE (Paulstar @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 02:55 AM)
It's obvious Peavy is pretty far away from being 100%. Really, from here on out he should be 5 IP and done, or be moved to the bullpen until next year.

Can we trade him and Rios for Zito?

Right so youre saying that because hes only played 1/2 a season in 2 years his body is messed up?

You said the exact same thing just didnt use the word messed up, because quite frankly Im not a Dr so I dont know if its his back, his arm, or what is really bothering him. I just know he cant seem to get really deep in games. And I guarantee forcing him to pitch more (like Ozzie did tonight) is only going to further wear him down.

Its just so bad.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 08:55 PM)
You get a win after 5 ip unless I really dont know stats anymore.

If he was taken out without completing the inning he would have no chance at a win. He needs to finish the inning and the Sox need to take the lead right now for him to get a win.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 09:57 PM)
Right so youre saying that because hes only played 1/2 a season in 2 years his body is messed up?

You said the exact same thing just didnt use the word messed up, because quite frankly Im not a Dr so I dont know if its his back, his arm, or what is really bothering him. I just know he cant seem to get really deep in games. And I guarantee forcing him to pitch more (like Ozzie did tonight) is only going to further wear him down.

Its just so bad.

I'd just say weak/needs conditioning.

Ozzie sucks so much. I will wholeheartedly root for this team to lose every game for the rest of this season if it means Ozzie gets fired. I'm especially tired of his common retort to critics that he's managing a major league baseball team and they're not, so he must be right. Let him run his mouth like that when he's unemployed.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 08:56 PM)
Gutsy 6 innings of 4 runs allowed.

:lolhitting

The sad thing is he should have had a 5 IP 1 ER line if our manager knew anything. We all called it here, in possibly the most important game of the year to date. Screw it, let's blow it up, I don't care anymore...

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 02:57 AM)

Its just so bad.

Using Peavy as a reliever against Washington was still just inexcusable. Guarantee that's one of those things that Peavy complains about even more when he leaves our organization.

QUOTE (Unknown @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 09:58 PM)
If he was taken out without completing the inning he would have no chance at a win. He needs to finish the inning and the Sox need to take the lead right now for him to get a win.

Not if he was pulled before Cabrera hit, like he should have.

It absolutely kills me to read so many negative comments about Peavy. The dude has busted his ass to come back this year, is typically good for several innings before tiring. Blame the f***ing manager, not the pitcher. Is he supposed to pull himself?

So this is how Cubs fan feel having all these terrible players with awful contracts. Thank you Kenny, I really do love your agressiveness but man you have made some god awful moves. And Ozzie, GTFO of here.

Edited by bigruss22