Tigers @ Sox 7/26/11 Gamethread

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 09:00 PM)
According to baseball-reference, opponents entering tonight were batting 24-for-59 off Peavy once he gets to 75 pitches

Oney spits on your stats. Cowley asks you to get out of your parents basement. Ozzie just asks if stats won a ws like he has.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 02:59 AM)
It absolutely kills me to read so many negative comments about Peavy. The dude has busted his ass to come back this year, is typically good for several innings before tiring. Blame the f***ing manager, not the pitcher. Is he supposed to pull himself?

Ironic that you ask if he should pull himself. He's the same person that keeps saying he's fine to pitch in relief or in spring training, etc., only to then complain a few weeks later and make it sound like the organization and him weren't on the same page. I admire Peavy returning from injury, but honestly, I'm sick of seeing him suck in a Sox jersey while making a ton of money.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 08:59 PM)
He already pitched through 5 innings, he was in the 6th.

A quality start requires 6 innings, a win requires 5.

At least I thought.

At the time of my post it was 4-2 Tigers. If he was pulled at that point without getting out number 3, he would have no chance at a win.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 08:59 PM)
It absolutely kills me to read so many negative comments about Peavy. The dude has busted his ass to come back this year, is typically good for several innings before tiring. Blame the f***ing manager, not the pitcher. Is he supposed to pull himself?

It's really not his fault

I find it funny that the jokers on Chicago Tribune Live made it a point to say that if you get through 5 with a lead to pull Peavy, yet our own manager can't tell that the guy doesn't have the arm stretched out enough to be throwing 100 pitches.

Seriously, Ozzie's a f***ing idiot.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 09:02 PM)
Ironic that you ask if he should pull himself. He's the same person that keeps saying he's fine to pitch in relief or in spring training, etc., only to then complain a few weeks later and make it sound like the organization and him weren't on the same page. I admire Peavy returning from injury, but honestly, I'm sick of seeing him suck in a Sox jersey while making a ton of money.

Yes, because nothing says "suck" like 1 ER through 5IP in, what could be, the biggest game of the season for this team. I'm frustrated by Jake too but he's a competitor...it's up to his manager to reel him in and pull him out of the muck when he's reached his limit.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 07:59 PM)

I'm not giving an MLB pitcher who's getting paid as well as Peavy is any credit for being a five inning starter. I'll accept that from a 22 year old rookie, or fifth starter. I will not accept it from Peavy. If this is all he's good for, he should have stayed in the minors or accepted a demotion to the pen.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 09:03 PM)
I find it funny that the jokers on Chicago Tribune Live made it a point to say that if you get through 5 with a lead to pull Peavy, yet our own manager can't tell that the guy doesn't have the arm stretched out enough to be throwing 100 pitches.

Seriously, Ozzie's a f***ing idiot.

We need to treat Peavy like a 5th starter. Get him through 5 and then use your bullpen to get the rest of the way. If we did that we would get some killer production from peavy's spot.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 08:05 PM)
Yes, because nothing says "suck" like 1 ER through 5IP in, what could be, the biggest game of the season for this team. I'm frustrated by Jake too but he's a competitor...it's up to his manager to reel him in and pull him out of the muck when he's reached his limit.

He didn't do 1 ER through 5 IP. He did 4 ER through 6 IP.