Frank Statue

lasttriptotulsa

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hawk is a polarizing figure to be sure. There's boatloads to criticize, with umpiring complaints at the top of the list for me.

However, if you have the Extra Innings package or you're a frequent traveller to other MLB towns, you may realize that he's rather good at his job from an entertainment standpoint. There's SO much blandness out there it's numbing.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 12:52 PM)
Hawk is a polarizing figure to be sure. There's boatloads to criticize, with umpiring complaints at the top of the list for me.

However, if you have the Extra Innings package or you're a frequent traveller to other MLB towns, you may realize that he's rather good at his job from an entertainment standpoint. There's SO much blandness out there it's numbing.

agreed. the former announcer for seattle(who died during the offseason) was HORRIBLE beyond belief. and most color guys are pretty bland too. ron darling comes to mind

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 11:40 AM)
I've never once heard this nickname, but I assume from context that it's Konerko? I hate when people insert their own nicknames into discussions so I have to go out of my way to figure out who they're referring to.

I will almost guarantee that Ozzie burns bridges on the way out. He's (or his ghost writer, Oney) going to drudge up personal clubhouse stuff, and I kind of hope he does so that others can mention his own personal problems.

And yes, it will suck that Hawk gets a statue.

boner's short for bonerko

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 12:02 PM)
Is that a joke? I mean, the picture is so small that I may be wrong, but that doesn't even look like it's Frank. And that is a terrible choice of stance for the statue.

Seriously, his statue should be identical to the Baines one but RH. That looks like a bad golf swing.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 11:52 AM)

That was real evident in the 2005 post season. After that I didn't know how terrible Chris Berman is. Outside of making up silly names, there is nothing to him at all.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 12:52 PM)

I agree completely. Hawk is d--n entertaining!! There is a lot of blandness out there!!!

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 11:52 AM)
Konerko and Buehrle, yes.

Dye, no.

Ventura, yes.

AJ, no...closest call though, he deserves something....connecting him to the Josh Paul ball in the dirt play.

He's on the World Series statue.

QUOTE (SmashROT @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 12:45 PM)
Anyone have a picture yet?

Funny, the second I read this post, I got a text from my buddy with a picture he just took of the statue. Apparently he is there.

It basically looks like this....

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_cM8hk0SuxK4/S3Uw...rank+thomas.jpg

But with his trail hand over his heart more.

Edited by JoeCoolMan24