Hyperpartisanship is threatening to destroy our country

Jack Parkman

No wonder no one ever agrees on this board, people aren't even responding to what's being written.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 8, 2011 -> 12:11 PM)
No one has called the soldiers liars. To use your earlier analogy:

Woman 1: I was raped by John Doe

Woman 2: I was raped by John Doe as well

Bulls***ter: John Doe raped like 1000 women.

Skeptic: There's no evidence of all that.

Skeptic is not calling those women liars. Skeptic is calling out Bulls***ter.

Soldier #1: I was spit on when I returned from Vietnam.

Liberal #1: No you weren't you imagined it or exaggerated it.

Nope, looks to me like they are being called liars.

You completely turned around what he was saying, and then responded to that. Honestly, I don't think he could have stated his position any clearer.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 7, 2011 -> 12:47 PM)
In case you're unfamiliar with the work, there have been books written that argue quite persuasively that a huge majority of the "I was spit on at the airport" stories from Vietnam are exaggerations or are some version of PTSD reaction to deal with the war. Perhaps the most important note is that returnees from Vietnam rarely (at most) landed at civilian airports.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Aug 8, 2011 -> 07:05 PM)
No wonder no one ever agrees on this board, people aren't even responding to what's being written.

Soldier #1: I was spit on when I returned from Vietnam.

Liberal #1: No you weren't you imagined it or exaggerated it.

Nope, looks to me like they are being called liars.

You completely turned around what he was saying, and then responded to that. Honestly, I don't think he could have stated his position any clearer.

This is the original post. Very clearly it is being stated that the vast majority of people here are either lying or mentally ill.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 8, 2011 -> 07:13 PM)
This is the original post. Very clearly it is being stated that the vast majority of people here are either lying or mentally ill.

Perhaps in Balta's original post, which was not actually making an argument but merely repeating an argument that was put forth in a book, you could make that case. However, it was very clear after that that the tone of many of the (liberal) posters in the thread were saying it was possible that reports had been exaggerated in general, and were not labeling any specific soldiers as liars. CrimsonWeltall's sample dialogue was the perfect demonstration of this; but you reverted back to what people weren't even really talking about anymore.