Quentin sought after by BOS

harfman77

QUOTE (Lemon_44 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 11:06 AM)
I like Brown, but Quentin is the kind of player you build around not trade off. He's had his injury issues but he's playing a pretty solid RF and is a yearly 30 HR/ 100 RBI threat. Brown has a long way to go show half of what Q has shown. They say he's maturing and not so hard on himself anymore. The guy was going to be league MVP if he doesn't hurt himself two yeasr ago. If De Aza shows anything, you have a young OF of him, Q, and Viciedo for years to come.

I wouldn't be mad if they traded and recived Brown but I'd rather keep Quentin.

^^^

That.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Lemon_44 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 11:06 AM)
I like Brown, but Quentin is the kind of player you build around not trade off. He's had his injury issues but he's playing a pretty solid RF and is a yearly 30 HR/ 100 RBI threat. Brown has a long way to go show half of what Q has shown. They say he's maturing and not so hard on himself anymore. The guy was going to be league MVP if he doesn't hurt himself two yeasr ago. If De Aza shows anything, you have a young OF of him, Q, and Viciedo for years to come.

I wouldn't be mad if they traded and recived Brown but I'd rather keep Quentin.

He's all those things....if healthy and on a streak. I love Q, but if you can pillage a farm for them you have to do it. Someone will give him a massive deal in 2013 as a FA we wouldn't match anyhow.

Edited by Jenksy Cat

The question you have to ask yourself is "if you were KW, would you pay Carlos market value when he's a FA?" To me, the answer is clearly no.

If you get a desperate overpaying buyer, it's a no brainer to sell him. If there is no overpayment this week, the Sox should definitely shop Carlos this winter.

QUOTE (bighurt574 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 11:46 AM)
If we can get a good haul for CQ I'd pull the trigger, even if we're still in "win now" mode. We can plug in Viciedo and not have a huge drop off, and still pick up some nice pieces for the future.

If there is any truth to that Rios rumor (unlikely) and this trade goes down, then you're looking at an OF of De Aza, Brown, Viciedo with Pierre splitting time with De Aza. That's a huge upgrade over what we currently have and actually will most likely give us a better chance to win.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 12:11 PM)
You dont build around a guy who's career high in games played is 131. He's injured constantly and is inconsistent offensively. He's exactly the type of guy you sell high.

Ding. CQ could be a piece to really start to rebuild this sagging franchise no matter where they are in the standings of a crummy division.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 11:50 AM)
Its bonerrific to think we could get a top 5 prospect for CQ, add a player or two to that and its unreal.

I just can't believe we could get that package for him. I would easily put Thornton into that deal to get it done.

The only way I don't trade him now (assuming you get the "rape" package, which sounds painful btw) is if we go on a run this weekend and do an OF of Vic/Pierre/Q. I'll take the defensive downgrade of Pierre in CF (and honestly don't remember Rios's arm throwing anyone out) to have 2 mashers on the corners for the rest of this season.

QUOTE (beck72 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 10:45 AM)
The Daily News writer covering the Phils proposed a Brown, Singleton and Cosart deal for Carlos on Tues.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/phillie...the-farm--.html

It was interesting to see the 61 comments on his article. Would a 1 for 1 deal be that far fetched?

LOL, WHAT? Is that a joke? f***ing s***, I would be fine if Kenny through in Matt Thornton and any prospect not named Viciedo/Reed if it meant Brown, Singleton, AND Cosart. That's beyond video-game level trade.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 12:01 PM)
LOL, WHAT? Is that a joke? f***ing s***, I would be fine if Kenny through in Matt Thornton and any prospect not named Viciedo/Reed if it meant Brown, Singleton, AND Cosart. That's beyond video-game level trade.

Its like an OOTP trade that people protest.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 11:54 AM)
The only way I don't trade him now (assuming you get the "rape" package, which sounds painful btw) is if we go on a run this weekend and do an OF of Vic/Pierre/Q. I'll take the defensive downgrade of Pierre in CF (and honestly don't remember Rios's arm throwing anyone out) to have 2 mashers on the corners for the rest of this season.

Hell no. That's a massively weak defensive OF, especially when pitching is supposed to be your strength and your ticket into the postseason and beyond. At best that's treading water I think.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 12:04 PM)
Hell no. That's a massively weak defensive OF, especially when pitching is supposed to be your strength and your ticket into the postseason and beyond. At best that's treading water I think.

The massive upgrade of Dayan over Rios in the lineup balances out the slight downgrade of Rios to Pierre in center for me. And we aren't winning s*** if our staff needs a sub 2.00 ERA to win games.

Edited by Jenksy Cat

I'd say so, the Phils' #1, #2, and #4 prospects per BA.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 11:01 AM)

Ya, that was pretty much my first reaction. This has to be false and if it isn't, why the f*** wasn't this made?

QUOTE (bighurt574 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 12:12 PM)
I'd say so, the Phils' #1, #2, and #4 prospects per BA.

If you can get Brown, Singleton and Cosart for Quentin and Thornton, you do it right now, regardless of the outcome of the Red Sox series this weekend.

Someone beat me to it

Ken_Rosenthal Ken Rosenthal

Source: Braves "hot" for Quentin - and #WhiteSox love ATL's young arms. One holdup... MORE #tradedeadline #MLB

1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Ken_Rosenthal Ken Rosenthal

...the condition of Viciedo's thumb at AAA. Would replace Quentin for #WhiteSox. Hasn't played since Saturday. #Braves #tradedeadline #MLB

1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Edited by The Baconator

Multiple sources have said the Philles wouldnt give those players up for Hunter Pence. Why would they do it for CQ?