Quentin sought after by BOS

harfman77

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Braves are "hot" for White Sox right fielder Carlos Quentin, tweets Rosenthal, and the Sox love Atlanta's young arms. However, one holdup is the thumb injury to Dayan Viciedo, who would replace Quentin in Chicago's lineup

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 12:39 PM)
Lets just pray that Quentin doesn't get injured. All I'm worried about at this point.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 01:26 PM)
To me it seems like Quentin could still be somewhat of a bargain if he was making $7 to $9 million next year (as someone speculated). I realize the Sox may be slowly slashing payroll, but I'm not a huge fan of getting rid of Quentin to do so. It's too bad Rios' contract is so bad.

1.) I hope you are ready for a long rebuild. Are you going to follow the Sox if they get rid of everybody and suck like the Royals for 5-6 years? Quentin is our second best hitter.

2.) This. CQ should be part of our future plans. Too bad our GM can't make creative trades or steal players of value once in a while. Trading Quentin leaves a gaping hole in the lineup for some time to come.

stacey-king-bulls-soundboard-thumb-520x348-13357.jpg

Best I can do.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

GET OUT THE WAY

GET IN THE WEIGHT ROOM SON

Oh man, I'm going to miss basketball.

Steve, just for memories here is the DRose posterizing of Dragic, CLASSIC STACY!!

Also:

The Braves are "hot" for White Sox right fielder Carlos Quentin, tweets Rosenthal, and the Sox love Atlanta's young arms. However, one holdup is the thumb injury to Dayan Viciedo, who would replace Quentin in Chicago's lineup

Though the Red Sox continue to look for starting pitchers, CBS Sports' Danny Knobler tweets that they're telling teams the focus is now a right-handed hitting outfielder. He notes that they would "almost certainly" try for White Sox right fielder Carlos Quentin, if Chicago makes him available.

Phillies, Red Sox, Pirates, and Braves.

Aren't 3 out of those 4 the same teams we had been listed as heavily scouting?

Edit: Nope, 2 out of the 4 - the other listed was the Yankees

Edited by hi8is

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 02:26 PM)
The Braves are "hot" for White Sox right fielder Carlos Quentin, and the Sox love Atlanta's young arms.

does anyone else read this and imagine one of those phone sex commercial girls saying it?

QUOTE (Unknown @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 02:34 PM)
How many times is this quote going to be posted in this thread?

QUOTE (Sockin @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 02:35 PM)
@jaysonst

Jayson Stark

Other teams now say #WhiteSox would "absolutely" move Quentin in right deal - but "not bound & determined to move him." More in Daily Rumble

Sounds perfect to me. If someone blows you away with a deal, go for it. If not, keeping him works too.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 02:30 PM)
Phillies, Red Sox, Pirates, and Braves.

Aren't 3 out of those 4 the same teams we had been listed as heavily scouting?

Edit: Nope, 2 out of the 4 - the other listed was the Yankees

Lavarnway + Britton, get it doneeee

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 02:30 PM)
Though the Sox continue to look for starting pitchers, CBS Sports' Danny Knobler tweets that they're telling teams the focus is now a right-handed hitting outfielder. He notes that they would "almost certainly" try for White Sox right fielder Carlos Quentin, if Chicago makes him available.

So, Phillies, Pirates, Braves, Red Sox.

Those may be the best 4 teams in baseball now to be interested in your player. Now, the price should rocket due to demand.

If the Phillies are offering Brown +, then the price for the other 3 needs to be #1 +.

Sweet day.

QUOTE (Sockin @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 02:35 PM)
@jaysonst

Jayson Stark

Other teams now say #WhiteSox would "absolutely" move Quentin in right deal - but "not bound & determined to move him." More in Daily Rumble

Makes sense. Hopefully the Braves and Phillies get in a bidding war.

The best thing that can happen is if the Astros don't want to trade Pence.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 02:37 PM)
So, Phillies, Pirates, Braves, Red Sox.

Those may be the best 4 teams in baseball now to be interested in your player. Now, the price should rocket due to demand.

If the Phillies are offering Brown +, then the price for the other 3 needs to be #1 +.

Sweet day.

You just hope KW doesnt blow this opportunity, which with him is highly likely.

Quentin is not a player you build around, he will be 30 next year and I'm willing to bet the Sox have already got his best years. I have season tickets and I want to expedite the rebuilding process. If Quentin is still here Monday, I'll be very disappointed.