Quentin sought after by BOS

harfman77

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 12:51 PM)
He said he doesn't pick up a bat in the off season. That no where near means he doesn't work out or condition.

Well I said as compared to others. Some guys are workout freaks in the off-season, and Adam Dunn isn't. I didn't say he did nothing but sit on his fat ass and watch hillybilly movies while drinking PBRs (though i wouldn't be surprised if true), I just said he doesn't take off-season work as seriously as other MLB players.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 01:25 PM)
That would be 3 straight starts of hitting Lester hard. How many times would it have to happen to not be a fluke? Sometimes a great pitcher has a team he struggles against.

If baseball is funny like that, why can't something like that happen in the playoffs? We aren't talking about 162 games either, we are talking about a single 5-game series. If the Sox pitch well, which can happen, they still have no chance to beat the mighty Red Sox?

I never said it couldn't happen. I said I don't believe it would happen.. 3 straight starts? What's that? One start a year. That sample size is too small for me.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 02:25 PM)
That would be 3 straight starts of hitting Lester hard. How many times would it have to happen to not be a fluke? Sometimes a great pitcher has a team he struggles against.

If baseball is funny like that, why can't something like that happen in the playoffs? We aren't talking about 162 games either, we are talking about a single 5-game series. If the Sox pitch well, which can happen, they still have no chance to beat the mighty Red Sox?

Not a team, but since I follow the Marlins I know that mike Redmond used to flat out own Tom Glavine. Made no sense

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 01:26 PM)
Well I said as compared to others. Some guys are workout freaks in the off-season, and Adam Dunn isn't. I didn't say he did nothing but sit on his fat ass and watch hillybilly movies while drinking PBRs (though i wouldn't be surprised if true), I just said he doesn't take off-season work as seriously as other MLB players.

So what does Adam Dunn's off season workout program look like exactly?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 01:48 PM)
BillShanks BillShanks

Not sure what exact offer is for Pence, but I think ATL is waiting on what HOU will do before they move on to Quentin. Several irons in fire

What would be think about getting Jordan Shafer back in a Quentin deal. BY NO MEANS AM I SAYING AS THE MAIN GUY IN THE TRADE.

He's mlb ready, I know the Braves have been iffy on him as he hasnt shown great potential in the mlb, but he does possess speed as an outfielder and can hit.

Only reason I bring it up is because we talk about all the pitching prospects that we could get, I wouldnt mind getting Shafer, I kind of like him. (and yes he has been suspended once for steroids, but whatever.)

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 01:45 PM)
So what does Adam Dunn's off season workout program look like exactly?

- Watch DVR'd season of "Tyler Perry's House of Payne"

- Take out trash every Wednesday morning

- Monday night visits to local Shoney's

- Arrange closet by colors, from darkest to lightest, for all pants, short-sleeved & long-sleeved shirts

- Attempt to set clock on microwave

EDIT:

- Swats at moths near backyard flood lights and misses terribly

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 01:51 PM)

- Arrange closet by colors, from darkest to lightest, for all pants, short-sleeved & long-sleeved shirts

-Watch VHS recorded copies of "According to Jim", recite dialog from memory

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 09:41 AM)
This team as constructed is just not good.

Outside of Pierre leading off, it's not constructed that badly at all. It's simply a case of key players not performing. Put 2010 Dunn and 2010 Rios into that lineup and we're arguably first place team right now.

QUOTE (The '05 Sound @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 01:51 PM)
What would be think about getting Jordan Shafer back in a Quentin deal. BY NO MEANS AM I SAYING AS THE MAIN GUY IN THE TRADE.

He's mlb ready, I know the Braves have been iffy on him as he hasnt shown great potential in the mlb, but he does possess speed as an outfielder and can hit.

Only reason I bring it up is because we talk about all the pitching prospects that we could get, I wouldnt mind getting Shafer, I kind of like him. (and yes he has been suspended once for steroids, but whatever.)

not interested, dont think he is much of a htter

QUOTE (WCSox @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 02:02 PM)
Outside of Pierre leading off, it's not constructed that badly at all. It's simply a case of key players not performing. Put 2010 Dunn and 2010 Rios into that lineup and we're arguably first place team right now.

There isn't a doubt in my mind about that.

QUOTE (The '05 Sound @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 01:51 PM)

On the DL as of 07/27 (fractured left finger), so he couldn't help the MLB team for at least another two weeks.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 01:51 PM)

EDIT:

- Swats at moths near backyard flood lights and misses terribly

Ha

Adam Dunn is currently amazed by the fact that his July batting average is almost the exact same number he punches into the microwave to heat up a burrito.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 02:04 PM)
On the DL as of 07/27 (fractured left finger), so he couldn't help the MLB team for at least another two weeks.

that can be waived by both trading teams albeit we got an injured jake peavey who is in a constant process of rehabbing some body part.

QUOTE (The '05 Sound @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 10:51 AM)
Rosenthal:

Another holdup in #Astros' Pence talks with #Phillies: Astros also trying to move Bourn, Wandy, B. Myers. #tradedeadline #MLGB

Astros are just trying to do anything they can to make the Phillies pull out of the Pence deal themselves. Astros dont want to move him.

Couldn't a 4 team deal potentially make sense. White Sox land Bourn plus prospects, Phillies land one of Pence/Quentin, Braves land the other, Astros get prospects from both teams.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 02:50 PM)
Couldn't a 4 team deal potentially make sense. White Sox land Bourn plus prospects, Phillies land one of Pence/Quentin, Braves land the other, Astros get prospects from both teams.

Ugh, that'd be an awful trade for the Sox for both the present and future.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 11:47 AM)
BNightengale Bob Nightengale

@

@JacobSamp17 If Sox trade Quentin, they are demanding players back who can help right now since they're only 2 back in loss column

Why not trade Quentin and find a way to pick up Bourn. Put him and Pierre at the top and than use Bourn going forward at the leadoff spot (when Pierre leaves).

I still think the Sox could move Quentin and than buy elsewhere. Of course, that is tougher to do than a 3 way deal where you are getting exactly what you want. I definitely don't see the White Sox "waiving" the White flag though. Unless they get swept by Boston and Detroit/Cleveland sweep whomever they are playing.