Quentin sought after by BOS

harfman77

Domonic Brown's OPS+ is above 100, he's walking at a higher rate than league average, striking out less than league average, and his BABIP is currently at a career low. Oh and he's 23. I think if the Phils were willing to swap Brown for Q, it would've been done by now. I would of course expect an additional move to be made with the money saved from shipping guys with '11 salaries totaling nearly $20M. Aramis at 3rd appears to be the most obvious possible upgrade.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (3E8 @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 04:15 PM)
Domonic Brown's OPS+ is above 100, he's walking at a higher rate than league average, striking out less than league average, and his BABIP is currently at a career low. Oh and he's 23. I think if the Phils were willing to swap Brown for Q, it would've been done by now. I would of course expect an additional move to be made with the money saved from shipping guys with '11 salaries totaling nearly $20M. Aramis at 3rd appears to be the most obvious possible upgrade.

That's not how the trade deadline really works. Teams never put their cards on the table until the clock is going to run out.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 02:13 PM)
No on Born. No on Quentin being here past Sunday. His value will never be higher than it is right now, imo.

I don't think Q gets moved unless Phils don't get Pence, and the Phils really seem to be all-in on Pence. :unsure:

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 03:10 PM)
I think no matter what, if Quentin & Danks stay, the Sox are going to do whatever they can to move those guys as part of the retooling process. Maybe they'll offer extensions to both, I think they will at least try with Danks again, prior to trying a trade.

I also think the club will see how creative they can get with Rios over the off-season. See if another team likes him and has a bad contract that the Sox wouldn't mind taking on.

I think they will, too. One last-ditch effort to have them sign a reasonable extension. If they don't sign, then they will be shown the door.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 03:37 PM)
I didn't think this rumor deserved it's own thread, since it's pretty far-fetched, but some guy on twitter mentioned some trade rumor to Brett Ballantini....

Quentin, Floyd, and Thornton to the Mets for David Wright.

That would suck.

Doesn't make sense at all from the Met's perspective.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 03:40 PM)
Doesn't make sense at all from the Met's perspective.

It really isnt a bad deal for the Mets. 3 holes are filled immediately with that deal. If I were the Mets, I certainly wouldn't look to deal Wright, but it isn't that bad of a deal on paper.

QUOTE (dmbjeff @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 03:48 PM)
It really isnt a bad deal for the Mets. 3 holes are filled immediately with that deal. If I were the Mets, I certainly wouldn't look to deal Wright, but it isn't that bad of a deal on paper.

They are looking for young, cost controlled players, not guys who are old (Thor) or close to FA (Quentin).

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 01:01 PM)
Jayson Stark

An exec of one team that kicked tires on Carlos Quentin says he thinks #WhiteSox just laying groundwork to deal him this winter #trades

f***

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 03:37 PM)
I didn't think this rumor deserved it's own thread, since it's pretty far-fetched, but some guy on twitter mentioned some trade rumor to Brett Ballantini....

That would suck.

David Wright = WAAAY Overrated IMO...plus makes WAAAY too much quiche.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 02:37 PM)

That would suck.

That's not even a rumor, its just a stupid queston by some idiot, to which Ballantini replied, that Kenny should quit after making a trade like that.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 03:13 PM)
No on Born. No on Quentin being here past Sunday. His value will never be higher than it is right now, imo.

As has been said before...it takes two to tango. Can't sell if the price isn't right. And the Sox don't NEED to trade him. If they get an overwhelming deal, sure. But otherwise...sit tight and catch the Tiggers.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 02:07 PM)
If Sox trade Quentin, they are demanding players back who can help right now since they're only 2 back in loss column.

I'm not sure how much veteran talent Quentin is worth. He's more likely worth a prospect or two in the off-season.

Regarding all the talk of replacing Quentin with Viciedo in this thread, I'm still wondering why Viciedo isn't on the active roster right now. I realize that he's not that good defensively at 3B but, with this team struggling like mad to score runs, it seems to me that his bat in the lineup would be worth the defensive downgrade. And they'd still have the option of using Vizquel as a defensive replacement late in games.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 04:45 PM)
I'm not sure how much veteran talent Quentin is worth. He's more likely worth a prospect or two in the off-season.

Regarding all the talk of replacing Quentin with Viciedo in this thread, I'm still wondering why Viciedo isn't on the active roster right now. I realize that he's not that good defensively at 3B but, with this team struggling like mad to score runs, it seems to me that his bat in the lineup would be worth the defensive downgrade. And they'd still have the option of using Vizquel as a defensive replacement late in games.

I'd rather have him in the OF where he's played all season and just suck it up and put Pierre in center.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 03:01 PM)
I'd rather have him in the OF where he's played all season and just suck it up and put Pierre in center.

With Morel being an automatic out, I would've instructed Viciedo to get reps at 3B a month ago.

Sadly, I agree that Pierre in CF is a legit option at this point. Uggh...

QUOTE (WCSox @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 06:02 PM)
With Morel being an automatic out, I would've instructed Viciedo to get reps at 3B a month ago.

Sadly, I agree that Pierre in CF is a legit option at this point. Uggh...

Please no more position shifts for him. If he's an OF, leave him there. This is his 3rd position in 3 years, with the progression going 3b-1b-3b-1b-OF.

That's not exactly how you develop talent.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 05:11 PM)
Too bad that Ozzie's irrationally married to the idea of Pierre leading off. Quentin in LF, Viciedo in RF, and a platoon of Pierre and Rios in CF is probably the best option at this point.

I don't even care about Rios at this point. The insane offensive upgrade of Vicedo over Rios is worth Pierre in center. Not like he's never played there before