Quentin sought after by BOS

harfman77

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 05:13 PM)
I don't even care about Rios at this point. The insane offensive upgrade of Vicedo over Rios is worth Pierre in center. Not like he's never played there before

Seriously, with that offensive upgrade you could put Carlos in center.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 03:10 PM)
I think no matter what, if Quentin & Danks stay, the Sox are going to do whatever they can to move those guys as part of the retooling process. Maybe they'll offer extensions to both, I think they will at least try with Danks again, prior to trying a trade.

I also think the club will see how creative they can get with Rios over the off-season. See if another team likes him and has a bad contract that the Sox wouldn't mind taking on.

Barry Rozner said on the radio today that he thinks the Sox will offer yet another extension, but Danks has no interest and wants to hit FA.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 05:19 PM)
Neither Pierre or Carlos are going to play CF, thats a tragedy waiting to happen.

Why? I don't think Rios has thrown out a single runner yet and is petrified of the wall. Not that much of a downgrade.

Griffey

Podsednik

Macoviak

all former CF who would be the same if not worse than Pierre.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 05:31 PM)
Why? I don't think Rios has thrown out a single runner yet and is petrified of the wall. Not that much of a downgrade.

Griffey

Podsednik

Macoviak

all former CF who would be the same if not worse than Pierre.

Darin Erstad is coughing over here

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 02:54 PM)
Why do you say that. Bourn is in his prime and has put up pretty respectable leadoff numbers and plays good defense. And clearly the Sox are going to need a top of the order hitter as they don't have any that profile in the system/currently on the club. On top of that you get another good prospect or two back.

Not saying it is the preferred approach but who knows if it is realistic to expect a package of Brown plus another top prospect from the Phillies.

Bourne is a fast slap-hitter having a career year. He's represented by Boras and I think has a year and the rest of this season left on his deal. Pass.

Buster Olney is making it sound like the Braves are working hard to beat the Phillies to the punch to get Pence, would be interesting to be in the war rooms for those two teams. Anyway go Braves since they want an "athletic" outfielder, and apparently quentin just does cut it.

QUOTE (kageman129 @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 07:54 PM)
Okay, Phillie can take Pence. Lets get Quentin over to Atlanta tonight too . . . Get Beachy and whoever else we can.

I will never doubt prospects from the Braves. They definitely know how to scout.

Still waiting patiently for Santos Rodriguez, Gilmore and Tyler Flowers to show something.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 07:59 PM)
Still waiting patiently for Santos Rodriguez, Gilmore and Tyler Flowers to show something.

Indeed

Not only can the Braves scout, they scout their own prospects. They know which ones to dump. There are exceptions (some that went to the Rangers), but in the 90s, and most of the time today, they trade the right ones away.

I'd prefer to deal with the Phillies.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 08:59 PM)

So you wanted Javy Vazquez back for 09 and his $11 million salary?

I'm happy with the stealth elf.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 09:04 PM)
So you wanted Javy Vazquez back for 09 and his $11 million salary?

I'm happy with the stealth elf.

Same here, man. Its like Rios, you take what you can as long as you get rid of the crap contract/player. Hell, Flowers might do something even if at minimum he is a back-up catcher. I'd take him over Vazquez. And of course, Lilli is a beast.