Quentin sought after by BOS

harfman77

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's face it, if the White Sox manage to win again today, there just isn't any way that Kenny can trade Quentin without alienating the fan base. Especially if we happen to take over 2nd place in doing so.

Meanwhile, the Braves (and Phillies last night) are basically daring the seller's to wait until the offseason to deal these guys if you want our #1 or #2 prospect for them.

I can see Thornton or Ohman getting dealt for a prospect if the offer is solid, but I don't see Quentin getting moved unless we lose tonight and then get down big early tomorrow.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 04:46 AM)
I can't even find a White Sox trade rumors forum on WSI let alone that post . Link ?

They put their trade rumors and such in "What's The Score". The post I'm referring to is #137 in the "Braves Hot for Quentin" thread.

I just posted about it here FWIW, not saying it's accurate or not.

I could live with trading these two guys if we did get 3 or 4 of their top 10 prospects, because I honestly believe we could still win without Quentin or Thornton, assuming Viciedo's thumb heals well.

You know Kenny would want someone that could contribute now, however. My guess is he would want Reddick back.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 11:35 AM)
I could live with trading these two guys if we did get 3 or 4 of their top 10 prospects, because I honestly believe we could still win without Quentin or Thornton, assuming Viciedo's thumb heals well.

You know Kenny would want someone that could contribute now, however. My guess is he would want Reddick back.

i want reddick's bat. hot damn

Scouting Report: Reddick is a naturally-gifted athlete that can put the bat on the ball. He's a contact hitter with a quick bat and very good present power. He has a sweet-looking uppercut swing - starts with his hands held high then brings them low-and-up through the zone. Creates good lift on the ball when he turns on it. An aggressive hitter at the plate, he needs to improve his plate discipline. He swings at a lot of balls off the plate, and he can also get pull-happy on occasion. Needs to work on hitting to all fields. Has shown some resistance to the Sox disciplined approach, but his pitch recognition and approach have improved after some seasoning. His frame is athletic and lean, with some potential to fill out. If he adds strength to his wiry frame, there's not much limit to his power potential. In the field, Reddick has above-average range to go along with excellent arm strength and outstanding accuracy. Great hustle, always goes all out. Reads the ball well coming off the walls. Can play all three OF positions well, probably best suited for right field. Some scouts have commented that Reddick has the range to be a full time major league center fielder.

Perfect Greg Walker candidate.

How can we mess him up?

Joking, Dick Allen.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 11:06 AM)
Quentin to the Braves is slowing down. Kenny is asking for the world and ATL is looking elsewhere.

It's going to be tough to move Quentin with them this close. Some team would have to make a ridiculous offer. I doubt we see something happen here.

This is how our lineup is constructed currently when healthy:

This week's heap of trash CF

Prado LF

McCann C

Chipper 3B

Freeman 1B

Uggla 2B

Heyward RF

Gonzalez SS

This team hits tons of HRs, but can't get on base for anything, which is what we need in front of McCann, Freeman, and Uggla. There is no place in the lineup for Quentin. Beachy, Teheran, Vizcaino, and Salcedo are absolute untouchables. Minor and/or Delgado could be traded at the right price. Bourn and Upton are our targets for CF and we also need a cheap RH bat to platoon with Heyward in RF and play LF when Chipper needs a day off (Prado to 3rd).

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 04:49 PM)
I've been calling for Reddick for months around here. He's a toolsy kid with huge upside. It would likely take both MT & QUENTIN in a larger package deal both ways to get him.

I wouldn't trade Quentin straight up for him

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 11:39 AM)
Scouting Report: Reddick is a naturally-gifted athlete that can put the bat on the ball. He's a contact hitter with a quick bat and very good present power. He has a sweet-looking uppercut swing - starts with his hands held high then brings them low-and-up through the zone. Creates good lift on the ball when he turns on it. An aggressive hitter at the plate, he needs to improve his plate discipline. He swings at a lot of balls off the plate, and he can also get pull-happy on occasion. Needs to work on hitting to all fields. Has shown some resistance to the Sox disciplined approach, but his pitch recognition and approach have improved after some seasoning. His frame is athletic and lean, with some potential to fill out. If he adds strength to his wiry frame, there's not much limit to his power potential. In the field, Reddick has above-average range to go along with excellent arm strength and outstanding accuracy. Great hustle, always goes all out. Reads the ball well coming off the walls. Can play all three OF positions well, probably best suited for right field. Some scouts have commented that Reddick has the range to be a full time major league center fielder.

Perfect Greg Walker candidate.

How can we mess him up?

Joking, Dick Allen.

He threw and absolute seed to 2B last night from the warning track. Amazing.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 09:12 AM)
One thing we don't know is if Beachy + was actually offered for Pence.

That would be interesting to ascertain.

Well apparently they offered Minor

Olney:

"NL source says the Braves would have included Mike Minor as part of a deal for Hunter Pence"

QUOTE (The '05 Sound @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 11:55 AM)
Well apparently they offered Minor

Olney:

"NL source says the Braves would have included Mike Minor as part of a deal for Hunter Pence"

Beachy is not on the table in any trade. There is no chance we trade a 24 year old big league starter who has a sub 3.3 era.

you know the good thing right now is that we are winning and are in no rush to move carlos. so it will be up to the braves to get nervous and make a move to improve, thus giving up more than what they would originally want to. it's not like they have the wild card locked up. the cardinals are only 5 games back and they just shored up their pitching both starters and bullpen. the pirates are only 6 games back and you never know. and the diamond backs are only 4 games back.

this might put pressure on atlanta to do something.

so lets say they really feel they need carlos lets throw matt thornton in there too.

in return we get. brandon beachy RHP, carlos perez LHP a 19 year kid that has 3 + pitches, eward salcedo SS/3B lets put in AA and get him playing 3B to be the future there. kid has outstanding bat speed that with maturity homeruns will come even more, jordan shaffer CF they are real happy with him. lets get him and put him at AAA for the rest of the year. i know he is DL right now but take him anyway. he adds to our farm team for this year and is a kid that could produce at the top of the lineup next year.

i know this is alot but like i said, the braves could panick some and give it up.

here are the braves top 10 prospects perez and salcedo are #5 and 6. then beachy and shaffer are kids that could help now or as soon as next year.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/prospects/watch/y20...ex.jsp?c_id=atl

Edited by mataipaepae