Quentin sought after by BOS

harfman77

QUOTE (mataipaepae @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 12:17 PM)
you know the good thing right now is that we are winning and are in no rush to move carlos. so it will be up to the braves to get nervous and make a move to improve, thus giving up more than what they would originally want to. it's not like they have the wild card locked up. the cardinals are only 5 games back and they just shored up their pitching both starters and bullpen. the pirates are only 6 games back and you never know. and the diamond backs are only 4 games back.

this might put pressure on atlanta to do something.

so lets say they really feel they need carlos lets throw matt thornton in there too.

in return we get. brandon beachy RHP, carlos perez LHP a 19 year kid that has 3 + pitches, eward salcedo SS/3B lets put in AA and get him playing 3B to be the future there. kid has outstanding bat speed that with maturity homeruns will come even more, jordan shaffer CF they are real happy with him. lets get him and put him at AAA for the rest of the year. i know he is DL right now but take him anyway. he adds to our farm team for this year and is a kid that could produce at the top of the lineup next year.

i know this is alot but like i said, the braves could panick some and give it up.

here are the braves top 10 prospects perez and salcedo are #5 and 6. then beachy and shaffer are kids that could help now or as soon as next year.

you're suggesting they'd give us Beachy, Perez, Salcedo AND Schafer?

you're nuts.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MLB Fan @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 12:48 PM)
This is how our lineup is constructed currently when healthy:

This week's heap of trash CF

Prado LF

McCann C

Chipper 3B

Freeman 1B

Uggla 2B

Heyward RF

Gonzalez SS

This team hits tons of HRs, but can't get on base for anything, which is what we need in front of McCann, Freeman, and Uggla. There is no place in the lineup for Quentin. Beachy, Teheran, Vizcaino, and Salcedo are absolute untouchables. Minor and/or Delgado could be traded at the right price. Bourn and Upton are our targets for CF and we also need a cheap RH bat to platoon with Heyward in RF and play LF when Chipper needs a day off (Prado to 3rd).

But the Braves aren't healthy. That's a huge part of the impetus for them to make a trade.

QUOTE (asmithxc @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 12:22 PM)
But the Braves aren't healthy. That's a huge part of the impetus for them to make a trade.

Chipper and Prado are both active, and when healthy they are going to play. Where would that leave Quentin?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 08:17 AM)
Let's face it, if the White Sox manage to win again today, there just isn't any way that Kenny can trade Quentin without alienating the fan base. Especially if we happen to take over 2nd place in doing so.

Meanwhile, the Braves (and Phillies last night) are basically daring the seller's to wait until the offseason to deal these guys if you want our #1 or #2 prospect for them.

I can see Thornton or Ohman getting dealt for a prospect if the offer is solid, but I don't see Quentin getting moved unless we lose tonight and then get down big early tomorrow.

I don't see anybody wanting to give up anything of value for Ohman. Thornton's contract and inability to get hitters out this year will probably keep his trade value low as well.

Agreed in general that Kenny is probably standing pat at this point.

if it is boston then we of course send carlos and matt out again.

we get

josh reddick OF, will middlebrooks 3B very good bat and a very good glove has 14 homers in AA so he has pop too while batting .304, lars anderson 1B with gonzales now there they have no room for him. has fallen some in their farm too. still has a good bat though, stolmy pimantal SP has a + fastball and changeup and a good curve, drake britton LHP SP

like i have mentioned we can take alot more because we don't neccesarily have to make a trade, so teams will have to wow us. with this trade however we do not touch their top 3prospects. middlebrooks is #4. lars is 6 and stolmy is 7. drake is 10. then we get an outfielder to help now. and for the record boston can use a LHP reliever.

boston top ten prospects

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/prospects/watch/y20...ex.jsp?c_id=atl

Edited by mataipaepae

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 11:22 AM)
you're suggesting they'd give us Beachy, Perez, Salcedo AND Schafer?

you're nuts.

like i said we don't have to trade and the braves could feel the pressure to get a big bat. i';m not saying it will happen just that if we could get at them this would be a good way to do it.

We'd be lucky to get 2 prospects from #6-10.

I don't think we're going to get anything close to 3-4-5 guys unless we're trading multiple players.

The Pence trade involved really high upside guys, but ones with question marks that were probably 2+ or 3 years away from the majors.

It's much more important for KW to get at least AA prospects that are within a season of Chicago.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 12:20 PM)
That Braves fan makes a good point. Where the hell does CQ play?

Of course he/she makes a good point but I think we should just ignore that logical approach and instead focus on the constant stream of reports from national writers that have the Baves targeting corner outfielders including Quentin by name. It doesn't have to make sense, dammit.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 12:55 PM)
Of course he/she makes a good point but I think we should just ignore that logical approach and instead focus on the constant stream of reports from national writers that have the Baves targeting corner outfielders including Quentin by name. It doesn't have to make sense, dammit.

I had totally forgotten that Prado can play LF.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 01:04 PM)
I had totally forgotten that Prado can play LF.

He's doing it for the first time in his professional career this season and more than holding his own. Once they made the deal for Uggla it was clear Prado would be taking over starting duties in LF. With all this talk of Willingham (barely an OF), Ludwick (he's played a handful of innings in CF but he's not athletic enough to trust out there) and Quentin what exactly is the plan? Prado to center? Seems like a stretch given that he's new to outfield play but it seems like it's the only option, I can't imagine them shifting Heyward. That's why none of this makes any damn sense and Bourn and Crisp should be the players they're targeting.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 11:23 AM)
Give me Reddick, Iglesias OR Ranaudo, and Vazquez. If they want Thornton too, I want both Iglesias and Ranaudo.

Iglesias can't hit a baseball... Ranaudo is overhyped. Straight fastball, meh secondardy pitches. Their top prospects is Will Middlebrooks... I don't even know if Iglesias would be in their top 5.

QUOTE (MLB Fan @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 11:48 AM)
This is how our lineup is constructed currently when healthy:

This week's heap of trash CF

Prado LF

McCann C

Chipper 3B

Freeman 1B

Uggla 2B

Heyward RF

Gonzalez SS

This team hits tons of HRs, but can't get on base for anything, which is what we need in front of McCann, Freeman, and Uggla. There is no place in the lineup for Quentin. Beachy, Teheran, Vizcaino, and Salcedo are absolute untouchables. Minor and/or Delgado could be traded at the right price. Bourn and Upton are our targets for CF and we also need a cheap RH bat to platoon with Heyward in RF and play LF when Chipper needs a day off (Prado to 3rd).

This is the reason why the trade has not occurred, and most likely will not occur.

The Braves are not desperate enough for Quentin, and the White Sox are not desperate enough to move him, especially with the recent on-field developments.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 12:39 PM)
We'd be lucky to get 2 prospects from #6-10.

I don't think we're going to get anything close to 3-4-5 guys unless we're trading multiple players.

The Pence trade involved really high upside guys, but ones with question marks that were probably 2+ or 3 years away from the majors.

It's much more important for KW to get at least AA prospects that are within a season of Chicago.

+1 ^. ATL is not gonna surrender anybody better than Hoover + AA + A for Quentin.

Ken Rosenthal

@Ken_Rosenthal

Source: #RedSox also want Thornton, as reported by @BNightengale. Thornton could go. Quentin may be more a winter move. #tradedeadline #MLB

Thornton is probably gone im thinking, which does hurt our chances despite what some of you are saying,

especially with how much we've had to use the pen, and you're subtracting? yeah

Edited by Real

QUOTE (Sockin @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 11:01 AM)
@pgammo

Peter Gammons

Ken Williams hasn't gotten young LH bat or players he'd need for Quentin, and 2 out in the loss column plans to hold onto him

What a f***ing mistake...

I'm coining a phrase right now. KW is blinded by the "AL Central Illusion of Contention", where in the division is SO BAD that putting a team that underperforms in one facet of the game EVERY NIGHT, but is only 3 games out due to aforementioned bad division, is okay and said facet of the game needs no changes because "look how close we are to first with the team we have now"

QUOTE (Cali @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 01:35 PM)
What a f***ing mistake...

I'm coining a phrase right now. KW is blinded by the "AL Central Illusion of Contention", where in the division is SO BAD that putting a team that underperforms in one facet of the game EVERY NIGHT, but is only 3 games out due to aforementioned bad division, is okay and said facet of the game needs no changes because "look how close we are to first with the team we have now"

They will play good thru Sunday then on Monday against NY back to the SOS and trade deadline is OVA!

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 12:38 PM)
They will play good thru Sunday then on Monday against NY back to the SOS and trade deadline is OVA!

They'll probably compete against the Yanks. it's when they face MINN that it will be SOS

Edited by Mattchoo

Oh man all this SOS talk gave me an idea I wish I were photoshop skilled in anyway, but maybe someone here can pull it off:

Take the Sox early 80's logo with the guy batting with S-O-X underneath... Flip it so the batter is upside down and change S-O-X into S-O-S with the same font as the real logo. Could also stand for "Same Old s***"