Quentin sought after by BOS

harfman77

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 01:33 PM)
Joel Sherman

Joelsherman1 Joel Sherman

Heard #Phillies might be willing to redirect D.Brown to 3d team to get prospects #Astros prefer for Pence. Hou likes #Braves prospects more

2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Would the Braves and Phillies really go in a three-way trade like that? Isn't that essentially helping out a team you are trying beat?

The Sox need to trade Quentin to one of these teams. Can't miss out on stocking up the farm system this season.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 12:33 PM)
Joel Sherman

Joelsherman1 Joel Sherman

Heard #Phillies might be willing to redirect D.Brown to 3d team to get prospects #Astros prefer for Pence. Hou likes #Braves prospects more

2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

hmm

that would eliminate Sox then, unless its a 4-team trade

QUOTE (WCSox @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 10:48 AM)
Oh, I agree that change is needed. I was hoping for a massive overhaul this winter (and not more of the unsustainable retooling-on-the-fly crap that hasn't worked over the past 2 1/2 years), and was pretty surprised that they decided to ADD payroll and sign Dunn instead. So, yeah, I'm completely on board with you here. I just think that doing it while 3 games out in July, in a bad division, and with a very talented lineup whose productivity has nowhere to go but up is crazy. Why not wait until December to move guys like Quentin and Danks? Sure, you'll get a little less for them than right now, but you're still going to get decent value for those guys. And there's the added bonus of no PR hit from giving up mid-season.

I imagine that vast majority of the current attendance drop-off is casual fans. And that's to be expected from Sox fans when the team has failed to live up to expectations for the past few years. If Kenny decides to deal somebody like Quentin or Danks right now, he's effectively cutting the legs off of a team that has a very legit chance at a division title. Prematurely shutting the window of opportunity on this team would send a bad message to the current season ticket-holders, reminding them of the unprofessionally-run organization that wasn't serious about winning back in the '90s.

If the casual fans have left, it really won't change attendance too much. Hardcore fans are the ones who have been clamoring for a change of some sort.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 11:20 AM)
The White Sox haven't been over .500 since April. Boston is playing at a damn near .700 clip since mid-April. Yes, it's painfully obvious that they would be massive underdogs.

Relative records don't matter nearly as much as match ups. Or do you suddenly feel better about playing the Twins because we have a better record than them?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 12:51 PM)
He said he doesn't pick up a bat in the off season. That no where near means he doesn't work out or condition.

I'm completely speculating but I don't see him working out or conditioning much during the season let alone in the off season.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 01:07 PM)
Nope. 6 regular season games out of 162 don't tell much.

But wouldn't those 6 games mean more than the other ones since Boston is our opponent in those 6 games? I mean look at that series against the Twins when they had their AAA team against us. On paper there was a ridiculous disparity of talent in our favor and didn't they sweep us?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 01:08 PM)
Even if they roughed up Lester badly? Again?

Yes. Because roughing up Lester again would be nothing more to me then a fluke. We've been shutdown by Bruce f***ing Chen more than once. Baseball is funny like that. But over the course of 162, that usually tell you the truth. That said, I'm not even sure we're better than the Tigers. This is pointless to be talking Red Sox and the ALDS.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 01:08 PM)
But wouldn't those 6 games mean more than the other ones since Boston is our opponent in those 6 games? I mean look at that series against the Twins when they had their AAA team against us. On paper there was a ridiculous disparity of talent in our favor and didn't they sweep us?

Baseball is stupid like that. 162 games. s*** happens that really doesn't make sense all the time. October would be totally different. If Boston was a division foe then I could properly gauge how we truly match-up with them. 6 games is simply not enough. I can only go by overall records and personnel.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 12:51 PM)
He said he doesn't pick up a bat in the off season. That no where near means he doesn't work out or condition.

Just by judging his body from this year compared to previous years, I don't think it's a stretch to say either his workout habits have slacked, or he hasn't made the proper adjustments in his workout routines to offset his body getting older and slowing down.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 01:12 PM)
Yes. Because roughing up Lester again would be nothing more to me then a fluke. We've been shutdown by Bruce f***ing Chen more than once. Baseball is funny like that. But over the course of 162, that usually tell you the truth. That said, I'm not even sure we're better than the Tigers. This is pointless to be talking Red Sox and the ALDS.

You are arguing against yourself now. Match ups are more important than talent levels.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 02:17 PM)
You are arguing against yourself now. Match ups are more important than talent levels.

How many years have the White Sox been more talented tahn the Twins or the Twins more talented than the Yankees?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 01:17 PM)

6 games is not enough to properly gauge how you match-up with a particular team. By your logic we can beat the Red Sox, Yankees or Rangers but not the Twins or Royals.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 02:20 PM)
6 games is not enough to properly gauge how you match-up with a particular team. By your logic we can beat the Red Sox, Yankees or Rangers but not the Twins or Royals.

So basically it all comes back to saying anything can happen over the course of 6 games. Correct?

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 01:23 PM)
So basically it all comes back to saying anything can happen over the course of 6 games. Correct?

As long as the games are played, yes, anything can happen. I'm not, and never have, argued that. I don't think we could beat the '98 Yankees. But as long as they play the games, there's a shot. If that's enough for you to hang on to, great.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 01:12 PM)

That would be 3 straight starts of hitting Lester hard. How many times would it have to happen to not be a fluke? Sometimes a great pitcher has a team he struggles against.

If baseball is funny like that, why can't something like that happen in the playoffs? We aren't talking about 162 games either, we are talking about a single 5-game series. If the Sox pitch well, which can happen, they still have no chance to beat the mighty Red Sox?